Down Range Radio #295: Prepare yourself for the big gun debate

drradio295Once again, we have come to a hard place. The hand has been dealt us in terms of the upcoming gun debate. In the aftermath of the horrific tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, we have witnessed the many emotional reactions heavily covered in the media. Now is the time for the real debate.  Law abiding gun owners, the industry and their organizations need to once again step up to the plate, and be informed and factual. Michael Bane takes you through what he considers to be the upcoming debate and the arguments and facts that we all need be aware of and articulate. This is also a podcast we urge you to pass on to your friends on both sides of this debate. Share it on Twitter, on Facebook, through email and other means of communication. Let us all work together not just to defend our freedom, but to take part in a meaningful and sober discussion about safety measures in our society.

You can also listen to DR Radio on Stitcher and download it to your mobile phone.

Down Range Radio Sponsors:

Ruger Firearms * Liberty Safes * Crimson Trace Laser Grips
Daniel Defense * Double Star

Reference Links:

The Michael Bane Blog

MICHAEL BANE’S CONCEALED CARRY DVD

Several exceptional pieces on the Internet

7 Responses to Down Range Radio #295: Prepare yourself for the big gun debate

1. Bob Bossi

December 22, 2012 at 8:46 am

Great podcast. Logical well thought out. Michael, it would be great for you to be invited to the CNN,MSNBC shows. You put your finger on the problem. Those mentally ill people need to be helped, money needs to be put into mental help. Apparently the Ct. shooters Mom was seatrching for help, none was availble.
    Keep up the good work.

2. Randy McBrayer

December 22, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Seldom have I heard a more rational, reasoned argument against ‘gun control’ – and for a national rational, reasoned debate on said issue (as opposed to the sound bites and cliches which both sides tend to shout at each other in such circunstances).
    I am however very much in favor of “our side” sticking to statistics and rational, reasoned arguments – for, when doing so, I believe the truth (and facts) are on our side. Cliches and platitudes do our cause no good – and often cause harm as some such comments only serve to solidify the stereotype the left has of gun owners. AND I FOR ONE AM NOT A MURDER – NOR AM I ASHAMED TO BE A GUN OWNER. My merely owning a gun – a twelve dozen guns doesn’t change that fact. I remain a responsible citizen, proud of my nation’s firearms heritage – the only nation on the planet to have such a heritage. And owning a gun, training to use my gun responsibly, effectively, and safely does nothing to alter my bold statement above.
    The powers that be have chosen to bring this battle to us – how we fight it may well determine the outcome. And the only way to fight it is by taking the high road – knowing that history and truth are on our side. And that is enough if we fight hard enough.

3. William Prins

December 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm

You are a genius Michael. You need to figure out a way to get an audience with Biden’s committee and educate them. Keep up the great, inspirational message/work.

4. David Hicks

December 26, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Another well reasoned and thoughtful podcast. Someone once said that those who chose the words frame the debate. I’m really trying to rid my vocabulary of the term “active shooter.” Spree murderer, rapid mass murderer, or just plain murderer would all be candidates for terms we can use to help frame the debate more in terms of reality. Does anyone else have a suggestion for a term we can use? If we let them lump “shooters” into the same group as murderers by their choice of words, it makes it harder for us.
    Thanks for the podcasts. I always learn something new and gather thoughtful insight from your show. david from Alabama

5. John Lai

December 27, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Thank you Mr. Bane. another thoughtul and reasoned podcast. I forwarded the link to many of my friend on both sides.

6. Michael Durham

December 28, 2012 at 6:43 am

Listen to this!

7. davebsr

February 15, 2013 at 5:18 am

Michael,
    I just finished last week’s podcast, I haven’t heard this one yet. Your podcasts are always very good, but the last several have been crackling with intensity. Your well-spoken thoughts have been well worth my time.
    You also sounded tired, and discouraged. Don’t be. I want you to know that I am praying for your encouragement, strength, and success.

Josh