Widgetized Section

Down Range Radio #229: The 10th anniversary of 9-11

Photo Credit: Larry Bruce / Shutterstock.com

This week, Down Range Radio is all dedicated to the September 11 attacks, a series of four coordinated suicide attacks against the United States in 2001.  Ten years later, many Americans still remember clearly the unfolding of horrible events on that day. Planes flying into the World Trade Center; people jumping out of windows more than 100 stories high; thousands of civilians fleeing out of downtown Manhattan by foot: These kinds of images are hard to forget.
Michael Bane went to New York just days after the attack to visit an old friend and to check on a building close to WTC where he used to live. In this edition of DR Radio, he shares his personal and emotional journey back to the chaos in New York after the attacks.

[powerpress:http://www.downrange.tv/mp3s/229-mb090711.mp3]

Down Range Radio Sponsor:

Ruger Firearms * Liberty Safes * Crimson Trace Laser Grips * XS Sights

Reference Links:

The Michael Bane Blog

Share your personal memory of  9-11.

12 Responses to Down Range Radio #229: The 10th anniversary of 9-11

1. Will

September 7, 2011 at 2:58 am

I just finished listening and wanted to say thanks for a very powerful episode. We all hear the stories of the heroes but it’s the stories of how we all where affected that day and the days after that aren’t always told. Anyway just wanted to say thanks again and may we never forget.

2. Pingback: Downrange Radio 9/11 episode : Newbie Shooter

3. George

September 7, 2011 at 7:08 am

You took me back to that day, Micheal. Thank you for your story.

4. John

September 7, 2011 at 8:15 am

Michael, thank you for your poignant story in this episode.

5. SteveJ

September 7, 2011 at 8:17 am

Michael, thank you for today’s podcast.

Ten years on from that awful day and I still cannot string together words meaningful enough to express my feelings for everyone and everything we’ve lost since then. It means a lot to me to know some of us can.

Never Forget.

6. Pingback: September 11th, 2001 : Newbie Shooter

7. ExurbanKevin

September 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm

The pain that’s self-evident in your voice is *heartbreaking*.

We will not forget.

8. Grizzly Dave

September 7, 2011 at 12:36 pm

WOW. That was the hardest thing I’ve ever forced myself to listen to. I’ve got no words, only tears.

Grizzly Dave

9. Fellow Traveler

September 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

That day is one of unfathomable pain and tears….still.

10. laduckkiller

September 13, 2011 at 8:07 am

It’s easy to forget…Thanks for sharing Michael.

11. Hammer52

September 14, 2011 at 12:55 am

Michael, Thanks for relating your story. Let us never forget all the heroes and victims of that day and the days that followed. The image of you standing at Ground Zero with the cross-section of America around you is POWERFUL!

12. Gary B

October 8, 2011 at 9:12 am

Michael, Thank you for this podcast. I have never met you, but this podcast was so personal, so emotional, that I felt as if you were talking with me. I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you some day. Thank you again, for recording this memory. Thank you for all you do for our rights and freedoms