Author Topic: RUGER RIMFIRE 2010 ----- HELLO. HELLO?  (Read 13825 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
RUGER RIMFIRE 2010 ----- HELLO. HELLO?
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:04:33 AM »
Open letter to Ken Jorgensen, Ruger Firearms:

I'd love to try my hand at the Ruger Rimfire.   I watched the nifty promotional video with MB.  I'm even saving to buy a new 10/22.   Trouble is that there is no information on your web site.  Ruger.com  is still listing the 2009 schedule (which had only 3 competitions).   

Want to attract people?  New People?  You've got to make the information available.  You've got to keep the web site updated.  Right now, (just like NRA AP) what the web site tells people is that there is NO 2010 competition, and that Ruger doesn't care enough about this to keep it updated.   

Check other web sites, like IHMSA and especially USPSA.   On USPSA matches are listed out to October 2010 already.  Results of past matches are easily available.   On IHMSA, I can see what types of equipment the competitors used.  There information make it feel so much more inviting. 

Maybe you haven't gotten the details all nailed down, at least update the web site.  Let viewers know you're working on it.  Ask for help in locating clubs that might sponsor matches.  Are you considering indoor matches?  (In some metro areas that's all that's available.....indoor ranges.)

Here's the questions that should be answered on your web site. 

Were the 2009 competitions held? (How about 2008 or 2007?)
What were the courses of fire?  (target type, size and distance would help)
What were the scores?
What equipment did the competitors use?
What were the prizes and awards?

Will there be a 2010?
Where?
When?
What courses of fire to expect (target type, SIZE and DISTANCE would help)
What rule changes?
Entry Fees?
Awards/Prizes?

I really want this to succeed and I hope you can get the information updated soon.

Alf Sauve'

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: RUGER RIMFIRE 2010 ----- HELLO. HELLO?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:21:00 AM »
OKAY.   THE 2010 DATES ARE POSTED!

http://ruger.com/micros/rugerRimfire/schedule.html

Piru, California
May 8, 2010

Exeter, New Hampshire
June 19, 2010

Prospect Hill, North Carolina
July 24, 2010

Torrance County, New Mexico
August 21, 2010

New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
October 3, 2010

Ruger Rimfire Championship
October 30-31, 2010
Hogue Action Pistol Range
3270 Gilardi Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
Will work for ammo

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:31:49 AM »
WTF.... Glad the Bowl of the US will have these comp.  There isn't anything in the Mid-West? 

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 08:29:45 AM »
I wonder why Ruger can't get more clubs/ranges to sponsor a match.   Assuming that they really want to spread this out.   If I were in marketing, my goal would be to have at least 50 and up to 100 of these matches in year.   I'd roll in a team mid-week, do all the setup, pay for advertising, arrange local news PR/coverage, provide all the signage, a prize table, handle all the logistics, everything.  As a reward to the range/club, I'd leave a bunch of the target holder, poppers etc (cheaper than shipping them back).   I'd have 4 teams in the field and a whole slew of advance folks working out of HQ making arrangements.

I'd also leave each club with a complete how-to book on staging this competition, so that they could hold local matches during the year.   The second year, I'd expect the local club to pick up most of the logistics and I'd just provide assistance, prizes and day of the match presence.

Maybe it will grow some each year.   At least in the Midwest you have Bianchi.
Will work for ammo

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 11:18:53 AM »
WTF.... Glad the Bowl of the US will have these comp.  There isn't anything in the Mid-West? 

I know you guys sitting in snow hate us southerners who have enough sense to live where it's warm...  But do you have to keep us out of the competitions, too? Nothing in the South?  And don't try to tell me that North Carolina is southern.  Those damn yankees can't even do proper barbeque.  Sheesh ;)
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:23:01 PM »

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
I guess I expected more out of Ruger  There does not appear to be much grassroots organization.  To grow the sport they need local clubs and leagues at ranges organized.  These groups will feed shooters into sanctioned regional competitions.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
 It's interesting that the RUGER rimfire challenge will be shot in Exeter and not at one of the ranges up here closer to their factory.
(No it is not the Sig Academy, that is in a nearby small town )

gixxer1974

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 02:35:34 PM »
Mabey the guys over at Ruger should call the guys at GLOCK and ask for a few pointers on how to make a series like this work ;D
I really enjoyed shooting GSSF matches all over the NW this year
Click http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3  daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE

Dean Brevit

• Forum Member
    • Caswell Ranch Shooting Sports
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
Hi All,
        I posted on RAC section, if you watch the DRTV video they touch on the 2010 matches, this is the start of the Ruger Rimfire Series, I'm hosting the Southeast Regional and to promote the sport I added 2 monthly rimfire matches to my list of other matches, I purchased 60 steel plates last week (now have them) to go with the 36 I had, I'm doing my part, I think the sport is great and more so with ammo being what it is at this time. Look for more info at www.teamrimfire.com

Regards,
            Dean

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
Dean,   what about a link you your shoots?
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk