Author Topic: new 22lr  (Read 16316 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: new 22lr
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »
You know, Cerberus, the guys who bought Chrysler from Benz.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »
sweet shooter out of the box go for a Brno model 2 or a CZ452.
Nearly all .22 rifles will shoot good, some are just a little better than others.
If you have more coin, then the anschultz is your firearm of choice.
Marlins usually have a woeful trigger, least wise all the ones I have ever fired out of the box. Savages have seemed to got the act together though and may be a good alternative especially those with the accutrigger ie  MARK II-BTVS
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

C.O.T.U.S.

• Truckie at heart
  • Forum Member
  • To serve and recline
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
Thanks Blackwolfe for the link to the sights.

Solve to my problem,  A backpay check is in the works thanks to an extended contract negotiations.  I may just buy a couple different guns dependent on the size of the check. 

Thanks again gents
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Badgersmilk

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »
Marlin's have had "Accutriggers" of their own for some time now.  

"Out of the box accuracy" is a relative term.  May mean a gun that hits a coffee can at 100 yards for some people.  May mean a rifle that's shooting clover leaves at that distance is barely acceptable...  What'ya have in mind?

If you want an out of the box squirrel rifle...  I don't think you can find a new, modern rifle that won't do the job well no matter what you choose.  It'd just be a matter of what you like the feel and look of.   ;)

Heck, I think the Henry lever actions will hit a coffee can range most shots.  And it'd be fun to shoot even when you miss the first time!  ;D

What fun is "out of the box" anyway!?!?  ???

If I were a squirrel I'd be insulted to get shot at with an "out of the box" gun!   >:(  Probably attack you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk