Author Topic: How to get ammunition at Wal-Mart  (Read 11062 times)

hodman

• Very Active Forum Member
  • I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How to get ammunition at Wal-Mart
« on: June 30, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
1.   Make friends with the Dept 09 (sporting goods manager) they can be a real asset.
2.   Most stores are getting pistol and rifle ammunition each day!
3.   The best time to get the ammunition varies (again see rule one) but find out when they are working the truck. Most of the time it will be after 8pm or before 8am.
4.   Call about 2 hours before the truck is to be worked and get an update.
5.   If they like you they can print a sheet that will tell them and you if they want to what they have on the truck.
6.   If you don’t get any ammo ask (nicely rule one) for them to scan the tag and check if any stores in the area have any ammo. They can tell you based on a mileage area who has that item.
7.   The best days to get ammo are Tuesday –Thursday. Most people want ammo for the weekend.
8.   If you make a friend at the store they might call you before they put the ammo out. (not required to do this but might don’t offer them anything they can’t take it)
9.   Bring a friend the daily limit is 6 boxes but friends over 21 can by six for you and they don’t care how it is paid for as long as the friend is with you.
10.   Go to other stores as soon as you get ammo  as the daily limit is only for that store.
Hope this helps I got 2000 round of 9mm today and a thousand rounds of 40cal last week. Don’t worry I am not hording it I am shooting it. I can’t find primer to reload so I am buying at retail
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: How to get ammunition at Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:30:19 PM »
1.   Make friends with the Dept 09 (sporting goods manager) they can be a real asset.
2.   Most stores are getting pistol and rifle ammunition each day!
3.   The best time to get the ammunition varies (again see rule one) but find out when they are working the truck. Most of the time it will be after 8pm or before 8am.
4.   Call about 2 hours before the truck is to be worked and get an update.
5.   If they like you they can print a sheet that will tell them and you if they want to what they have on the truck.
6.   If you don’t get any ammo ask (nicely rule one) for them to scan the tag and check if any stores in the area have any ammo. They can tell you based on a mileage area who has that item.
7.   The best days to get ammo are Tuesday –Thursday. Most people want ammo for the weekend.
8.   If you make a friend at the store they might call you before they put the ammo out. (not required to do this but might don’t offer them anything they can’t take it)
9.   Bring a friend the daily limit is 6 boxes but friends over 21 can by six for you and they don’t care how it is paid for as long as the friend is with you.
10.   Go to other stores as soon as you get ammo  as the daily limit is only for that store.
Hope this helps I got 2000 round of 9mm today and a thousand rounds of 40cal last week. Don’t worry I am not hording it I am shooting it. I can’t find primer to reload so I am buying at retail

Thats good advice. And 3,000 rounds should hold you for at least a week. ::) ;D
FQ13

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:30 PM »
3K  ::)

Just watched the new Cowboys, and Jessie Abbate says she shoots 1K per day for at least two months prior to a major match  ::)

Pays to have an ammo manufacturer as a sponser  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:57:52 AM »

Just watched the new Cowboys, and Jessie Abbate says she shoots 1K per day for at least two months prior to a major match  ::)

damn, thats just crazy... even with free ammo, that has to put one hell of a strain on your hands, wrists and arms.   not to mention your eyes.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:02:39 AM »
1.   Make friends .....................

I've been doing the exact same thing.  Only deal, they normally don't get more the 4 or 5 boxes of any caliber at a time in my store.  However, I do see you are from NW Arkansas...OK..cough it up...that many rounds...you must know a family member of founder.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:10:57 PM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »
My Wally World is still dry as a bone - only .357 Sig in stock for pistols, equally oddball for rifles (.22-250 etc.).

Either we ain't getting any, or someone is still hoarding buying it up.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »
Could it be that Wally World is pulling their usual crap and trying to squeeze a few more cents out of the suppliers? Maybe the ammo suppliers are selling hand over fist and don't need to play their game and Wally just ain't gettin' the ammo he used to . It's a nice thought anyway.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

bbbean

• Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 07:36:34 AM »
Could it be that Wally World is pulling their usual crap and trying to squeeze a few more cents out of the suppliers? Maybe the ammo suppliers are selling hand over fist and don't need to play their game and Wally just ain't gettin' the ammo he used to . It's a nice thought anyway.

+1

I buy ammo from locally owned gun shops and/or from vendors who support our sport and our cause. Although delivery has slowed, I'm still able to get amo from suppliers like Atlanta Arms, Georgia Arms, Midway, Natchez, and my local shops. When I buy from these guys, I'm more confident my US$ aren't flying straight to Beijing.
--
Barry Bean
Fastest of the slow shooters, best of the bad shots

hodman

• I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »
I've been doing the exact same thing.  Only deal, they normally don't get more the 4 or 5 boxes of any caliber at a time in my store.  However, I do see you are from NW Arkansas...OK..cough it up...that many rounds...you must know a family member of founder.
I am in NW Arkansas and I will disclose that I do sell to Wal-Mart. I do also make friends in the Supplier Community. But I have no inside source. Wal-Mart is not perfect! But they do support the shooting sports. Apart from Goverments they are the largest customer of ammo companies. As a rule I will tell you that Wal-Mart is a fair retailer and drives an honest bargain. They are also willing to sell on a lower margin.  Walmart makes money on the sale other retailers make money on the deal and back end.
My last defense of them is this they may be out of stock but when they have product it is at the same price it has been at for the last year. Other retailers (not all but most I have seen) have raised prices across the board. I am told that all ammunition is on allocation but all stores are getting some! So again see rule number 1
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 01:04:29 PM »

I was happy just looking at her without listening to what she said.  ;D

Actually, Haz would've been proud of her when she corrected Tupelo Flash for calling her magazines "clips".

Is it just me or is she just drop-dead gorgeous.  Or is it that "cowgirl thang" that gits-r-done?  Or maybe just a good looking woman who can shoot?  I don't know, but DAMN!!!

Ok, corner here I come.   ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk