Author Topic: Find your perfect Presidential Candidate.  (Read 9662 times)

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Find your perfect Presidential Candidate.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
John: How had you heard Net Neutering, I mean Neutrality, described? By another term? Or not at all? Just curious.

Some variation of "pay-to-play". I heard rumors of a tiered system where priority would be given to telecom giants and ordinary
peasants would be on the low end of the food chain.

If you think about it we have that now- dial up users can not access stuff with the same efficacy as DSL, Satellite or Cable users.

Heck, I can not even figure how to format a DVD to upload to this site and of course, Mr. Bane has been "uptiered" to a premium
sports package on Time Warner Cable.

So, I suppose a certain stratification is inevitable.  Once Google co-operated with the Chinese Government to block politically incorrect Chinese sites, the Ministry of Truth is not far behind.

Best regards,

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Find your perfect Presidential Candidate.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
John: How had you heard Net Neutering, I mean Neutrality, described? By another term? Or not at all? Just curious.
Net neutrality is the 1984 language coming out of DC these days. JJ is close to being spot on, only difference is that it applies to all forms of internet access. In other words if you have broadband, there will be tiers, and each one you pay more for. However, if you commit to spending huge dollars with an ISP, you will get better service than you or I could ever get. Right now we all allegedly have the same access speeds, although you can pay more for higher bandwidth like on DSL.

Where does the neutrality come in? Well, that is the 1984/DC talk for massive gummint interference to let their big business customers get the primo service, while the rest of us are left with whatever bandwidth we can get. It's "neutral" in that they won't interfere with their big business customers from getting but will interfere with us having equal access.

Get it? Neutral means interference.

Only in DC!
>:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk