Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 129121 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #260 on: December 29, 2019, 08:35:35 PM »
I picked up some Aguila Super Extra 22LR copper plated 40 grain solid and 38 grain HP...with shipping 0.0373 cents per round delivered from Midsouth Shooters Supply. 

I've never shot any of this before.....but for the price it's gotta plink.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2019, 12:20:08 PM »
I picked up some Aguila Super Extra 22LR copper plated 40 grain solid and 38 grain HP...with shipping 0.0373 cents per round delivered from Midsouth Shooters Supply. 

I've never shot any of this before.....but for the price it's gotta plink.

The Aguila that I have used is good stuff. I use their high velocity HP stuff and it is comparable to CCI Stinger ammo. I carry the Aguila in my NA Mini pocket gun.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
I use  their sss with a can all the time for pest control.  My  air rifle is louder.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Under 3 cents a round : Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2020, 10:13:09 AM »
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601314170

Midway is selling Remington gold 22LR for $2.93 per 100.  If you click on the 50 or 500 quantity the price goes up.  However, unless you can bundle it up for cheaper shipping it ends up being around 3.9 cents a round for 1000 rounds (10 boxes of 100). 

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »
Good luck finding 22 long rifle out there.  There is some and not at too high a price...maybe 5 cents a round.  But all of the sub 4 cents a round 22 is gone from the places I checked. 

So...do you guys have enough 22LR in stock?  Time to evaluate did you have enough lying around before this virus hit.   

Sponsor

« Reply #265 on: Today at 08:03:51 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2020, 09:46:03 AM »
Can't remember the exact numbers, but I had enough to cover me for a full season of bullseye (100+ rounds per week) and small bore (100+ per week), and practice, and to have some left over.  This is all CCI Standard Velocity - The round my Ruger Mark III's love and that my Savage responds well to as well.

I have a lot of other .22 as well in different manufacture - A few precision an a lot of high velocity.  This is all packed away yet from the move.

I also have quite a bit of center fire, but starting to run low on self defense stuff.  Practice is done with JHP or Ball, and I do run a few of the good stuff during each session.  If this crap goes on for too long my EDC will be affected by ammo availability.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2020, 10:31:50 AM »
Since you brought up the Rimfire Challenge in Fort Smith this year and got me fired up about everything 22 and I took stock of what I have.  I'm good on ammo.  I bought 10k of Aguilla 22LR (which I have never run) a couple of months ago.  But I did notice that 22LR is practically gone now.

You dog.  You have me looking for new dots on the 10/22 also.  I'm going to set up a range to practice on at the place in Arkansas...so I'm also needing some additional steel targets.  Thanks a lot for costing me what little cash I have right now....

Mike, you dang well better show up at Fort Smith this year.....

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
Thanks a lot for costing me what little cash I have right now....

Mike, you dang well better show up at Fort Smith this year.....

Sorry!!!  Michael Bane has cost me more money than my bride!

I am moving forward with plans, I am watching the Bride's health, and double checking every "save the date" thing we have been sent.  I have a nephew that is getting married this fall that is a must attend - Better not mess with Rimfire!

I am going to pull out the repeating airsofts, and ordering a Crosman 1077 for practice in the basement/garage/backyard (I'm sure I'll set someone off in the neighborhood with this one).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2020, 01:43:13 PM »
I picked up some a couple weeks back, just no place open to go shoot.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »
I have about 600 or 700 rounds of Remington and Winchester to barter with.

I have no working .22..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk