Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128185 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2014, 08:33:10 AM »
I went to Gander Mountain today and they had plenty of ammo in every caliber I looked for but I forgot to check for .380. They had more shotgun ammo than anything else and not many choices in .22. I didn't realize just how old this thread was but things are looking up after a few years.

I agree because I'm seeing much the same in my neck of the woods, and so are others. I think the days of $70.00 a brick .22's are starting to slowly disappear. I was in the Glendale, Arizona Cabela's last week, and I was able to pick up 500 rounds of Federal 124 Gr., 9MM, American Eagle for just $12.99 a box. That is pretty much pre Newtown prices for Federal Champion, which is supposedly one grade lower.

.45 ACP, 230 Gr. FMJ, large primer, American Eagle was going for $21.99 the week before. All you wanted, no limit. They had plenty. They had many 500 round bricks of .22's available as well for $28.00 a brick. I believe CCI was the brand. Not great. but better than the $70.00+ the scalpers have been charging. Pretty soon these guys are going to be like Super Bowl ticket scalpers after the 4th quarter begins.

I think it will really drop off in price after sales slow down a bit. Right now most ammo is still selling like bell bottoms at a hippie convention.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
I worked at the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot over the weekend and found brass cased 308 for $18 per box of 50.  He also had some 7.62 X 39 and some 5.45 for pretty decent prices (7.62 was about $60 per 140 IIRC).  No 22 ammo though and believe me people were asking.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2016, 08:53:39 PM »
Starting to see 22 LR prices slide a little bit and availability is up.  If I had a hundred bucks I'd buy some.  I did get 200 rounds of Winchester Super X copper swashed at Wally's a couple of weeks ago. 

There seems to be plenty of availability of 5.56 green tip but it's still a bit high to me.  Wolf Gold 55 grain at $300 is a good price.         

Widener's used to be my goto until they changed their website and prices.  Natchez Shooters Supply was my go to 5.56 before that...now they are getting much closer to being the lowest cost provider on 5.56 and 22 LR with good availability.  However for the most part, Palmetto State Armory has been winning on the price front for the last couple of years.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »
The new Sportsman's Warehouse by me that just opened has Federal "Semi Auto" .22's for $21.00 for a 325 round carton. That comes out to a little more than .06 cents a round. Or about $3.23 @ box of 50. There was no limit. I think .22's are finally coming down, and are starting to be much more available.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2016, 08:39:22 AM »
http://palmettostatearmory.com/9mm-124gr-fmj-blazer-brass.html

124 grain fmj Blaser Brass for $9.99 a box / $199.8 a thousand

Sponsor

« Reply #255 on: Today at 04:09:17 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2019, 06:50:06 AM »
I didn't think we'd see this again.  500 rounds under $15...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019409117?pid=599864

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2019, 02:17:31 PM »
I did not think we would ever see a brick under $20 again.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2019, 05:04:25 PM »
I did not think we would ever see a brick under $20 again.

Agree 100% .....sad that it's Remy Thunderbolts.  ;D ;D ;D
But it's a start.  ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »
Great price but what is the shipping cost?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2019, 09:38:45 PM »
Great price but what is the shipping cost?

In the past when i ordered from them ammo was about $10.  It did not matter if it was a box or a case.     Its been sveral years, but i wouod assume its simlar now.  The big issue is wieght.  Iirc a brick of 22 is  4 lb 5 oz.   

I was spoiled in or as they were in la pine, which is jmlike 10 miles from bend.   They also made the weatherby brand ammo.   So if i wanted to feed my 257wby, it was kust a quick trip to thier ahow room. 

Out side of of hunting ammo( shot and rifle) 22  rim fires and self defense  ammo.  I have not bought any thing for years.  Once i got my dillon, pistol ammo was made, been reloading shot since i was a kid.  Very important  when you have a thing for 16 ga.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk