Author Topic: Taurus enters the .380 wars  (Read 37831 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Taurus enters the .380 wars
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
TCP Taurus Compact Pistol

http://testdrive.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite/IMO_GA/Story_C/2009+New+Handguns?packedargs=pagenum%3D5

Billed as the lightest Taurus firearms ever created, the 8.5-ounce 738 TCP (Taurus Compact Pistol) in titanium slide and 10.2-ounce 738 TCP in blue and stainless slide are not only the lightest semi-autos in the Taurus line, they are lighter than any of Taurus’ small frame revolvers too. The TCP offers 6+1 shots of .380 ACP or 8+1 shots with an included extended magazine, durable polymer frame and low-profile fixed sights. Available in blued, stainless or an even more lightweight titanium slide version, the TCP has a short, crisp single action/double action trigger pull. No detail was spared in the creation of the feature-laden model including ambidextrous magazine release, unique fish-scale pattern on the slide for positive pull and functioning and generously sized trigger-guard for quick, intuitive access.

Gaston? Gaston? Oh, Gaston ???
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Taurus enters the .380 wars
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »
Must be something in the water, everyone - even Sig - is throwing plastic and metal at the .380 cartridges.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:30:17 PM »
I would love to get a look at it. See how it compares to others ....................... ???
I'm a fan of Kel Tecs P3AT, & a bigger fan of Taurus, So ............ Who Knows.  ::)
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:52:25 AM »
I also have noticed a trend of .380's popularity increasing. I started with a Walther PPK, than the P3AT is hard to beat for size, weight, and CC profile.

Really wanted a Kahr, but it was more than I wanted to spend.

Shame the ammo is as expensive as larger calibers...that's another trend entirely. :-\
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
UPDATE: Taurus enters the .380 wars
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:37:04 AM »
UPDATE: Here is what she looks like....

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/45230-taurus-tcp.html

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:47:21 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »
The advances in bullet technology that have helped the 9mm become more effective are being applied to the .380 with success since they use the same bullet. These technologies applied to the .32 might help it regain respect and popularity as well now that Ruger has introduced the .327. I had initial doubts about that as proprietary cartridges strike me as presenting availability problems but Charter is now offering their "Patriot" model in .327 and another company (I think it was S&W) also offers a pistol in that caliber. As these pistols become more common there will be more incentive for ammo companies to offer "modern" bullets in this diameter. And we all know that if an effective .327 expanding Bullet is offered some wildcatters will try putting it in everything from .32 short to .32acp.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
Neat little guns, very nice. But I'll just stick with my Colt Gov't .380 for deep concealment.

But I wouldn't turn one down if you give it to me.......   ;)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
Neat little guns, very nice. But I'll just stick with my Colt Gov't .380 for deep concealment.

But I wouldn't turn one down if you give it to me.......   ;)

See Sig's entry

rich642z

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 10:33:54 PM »
With all the .380 pistols coming out,I will just stick to my 3 semi-autos and my revolvers,all 15 of them from .22lr,magto .45 S&W revolvers and Ruger revolvers of the same calibre.  rich642z ::)

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »
With all these entries in the 380 market the price of 380 ammo has hit the roof. Damn the bad luck :'(
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk