Author Topic: Episode #2: Safe At Home Cont'd- part 2  (Read 17556 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Episode #2: Safe At Home Cont'd- part 2
« on: January 01, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »

Episode #2: Safe At Home Cont'd- part 2
Having shown the basics for preparing yourself against home invasion last week, Michael Bane, Mike Janich and Rob Pincus take home defense to the next level. What should you consider when firing a gun in your home at an intruder? If you fire a gun inside your home, how far will certain bullets penetrate into other rooms? What other weapons can you look into to defend yourself inside your house? These questions, along with many others, are answered by our experts..
Airtimes: Wednesday, January 7, 2008, 4:00PM, 7:30PM and 11:00PM
Rerun: Wednesday, April 8, 2009
All times Eastern

LEARN MORE...

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Episode #2: Safe At Home Cont'd- part 2
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »
Marshal, you're such a tease.  ;D

Another hobby to add to my list is "Waitin' on Wednesday".

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »
Really looking forward to the discussions after this episode as well... Every time we put the penetration demo out on DVD or a TV Segment, it gets a lot of attention. People aren't always comfortable with the results... but the physics are amazingly consistent!  ::)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:52:12 AM »
Really looking forward to the discussions after this episode as well... Every time we put the penetration demo out on DVD or a TV Segment, it gets a lot of attention. People aren't always comfortable with the results... but the physics are amazingly consistent!  ::)

Rob,
Are you talking specific examples of bullet penetration of objects?
If so you just bumped up my anticipation level again. A few months ago, while I was assisting with a firearms safety training course, we did a penetration demonstration. We ranged from .22 to .50 BMG (a range member has a bolt action Barrett...wow what a rifle) to demonstrate just what a bullet can do to things. We were trying to drive home the point of muzzle directional awareness.

Thanks.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »
Specifically, we are going to demonstrate some typically chosen home defense loads and what could happen in terms of penetrating drywall wall sections if you were to miss your intended target inside of a typical western construction home.

-RJP

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:11:42 AM »

Robin

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
My guess is you'll show hollowpoints, once plugged with drywall, act as ball ammo and will easily go through interior walls, out the siding of your house, into the siding of your neighbor's house and possibly through several layers of their drywall as well. This assumes no 2x4s intervene of course.

I have heard 55gr .223 is better in this regard in that it doesn't overpenetrate as much as handgun ammo despite (or because of) its higher energy.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 04:43:03 PM »

FYI
Unfortunately, we had some audio problems with our 4:00PM eastern broadcast. This is corrected, so the 7:30PM and 11:00PM airing will be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1776 Rebel

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »
M thanks for the heads up. I thought my recorder got fried or something. I'll put it into record mode for the next session! :)

Arvinator

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »
I saw this episode tonight ans wish I had seen last week's. I will set my vcr to tape the shows and show them to friends and loved ones that I feel need this kind of education.
I strongly encourage everyone to tell others about this show. You cannot get too much education. As a police officer and firearms instructor I liked what I saw tonight. Please keep up the great work!

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:01:02 PM »
Our goal is to get that information out to as many people as possible, because we all truly believe it is a matter of life or death!!!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk