Author Topic: 1911 on a budget...  (Read 15834 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1911 on a budget...
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »
If I was buying now I'd go for a Para...all the ones I've had my hands on recently were really nice (and a friend of mine now runs their QC department and he knows as much about 1911s as any living human). They're innovative, routinely include features that are up-sells in other brands and have the wonderful laboratory of Todd Jarrett to beta-test ideas.

The Sigs used to be made by Caspian, but now  they're all made in-house. All the later ones I shot back when Sig was still speaking to me were excellent, but be VERY careful of the early ones!

I also have a Taurus, and dang it, that thing is rock solid. Can't say a bad thing about it. It make be the best low=pirce trick with Rock Island out of the mix.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »
MB,

Have you ever heard of "American Classic"?  They are selling them in the SOG magazine for the same price as RIs (which you can't get right now).
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »
If I was buying now I'd go for a Para...all the ones I've had my hands on recently were really nice (and a friend of mine now runs their QC department and he knows as much about 1911s as any living human). They're innovative, routinely include features that are up-sells in other brands and have the wonderful laboratory of Todd Jarrett to beta-test ideas.

The Sigs used to be made by Caspian, but now  they're all made in-house. All the later ones I shot back when Sig was still speaking to me were excellent, but be VERY careful of the early ones!

I also have a Taurus, and dang it, that thing is rock solid. Can't say a bad thing about it. It make be the best low=pirce trick with Rock Island out of the mix.

Michael B

2 questions, your friend knows all about 1911's, does he know anything about Quality assurance ? That one was being a smart a$$ but seriously, what did you do to PO Sig ?

Ckott

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »
My Sig GSR has been nothing but solid from the very first round. I'm probably going to get a compact SIG 1911 in the near futrure. And Sig still talks to me BTW.
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »
My Sig GSR has been nothing but solid from the very first round. I'm probably going to get a compact SIG 1911 in the near futrure. And Sig still talks to me BTW.

Thats great!  ;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:50:46 AM »

Fox_Hound

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 01:49:01 PM »
Thanks again for all the input guys. I'm still quite undecided about it though (I know, it's hopeless. Deep down inside, all of us know the same thing... We want ALL of them.) I'm leaning towards a Para, the Gun Rights SSP model. It's a beautiful 1911, MB reviewed it and he seemed impressed. And a portion of the money goes to securing our Second Amendment RIGHTS (which are RIGHTS not privileges, seeing as we have to fight to keep them every day makes me sick). And thanks for your input as well, MB. It's great to be able to correspond with someone on the "inside" of things.

~Fox
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" ~ Sherlock Holmes

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »
Thanks again for all the input guys. I'm still quite undecided about it though (I know, it's hopeless. Deep down inside, all of us know the same thing... We want ALL of them.) I'm leaning towards a Para, the Gun Rights SSP model. It's a beautiful 1911, MB reviewed it and he seemed impressed. And a portion of the money goes to securing our Second Amendment RIGHTS (which are RIGHTS not privileges, seeing as we have to fight to keep them every day makes me sick). And thanks for your input as well, MB. It's great to be able to correspond with someone on the "inside" of things.

~Fox

I stand by my original post.......

"Lose that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock"

-Tommy Lee Jones in U.S. Marshals

TSB

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
Tommy Lee Jones was Al Gores room mate at Harvard!

He's an actor!  Liberal one at that! ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »
I always take the advice of fictional movie characters.  ;D 

There will always be somone who says "Glock" when you ask what the best 1911 is. The same kind of person is on another forum and answers "Honda" if you ask what the best Polaris ATV is. And the best Chevy truck is a Toyota.  ::)  There's one on every forum.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:38 PM »
I always take the advice of fictional movie characters.  ;D 

There will always be somone who says "Glock" when you ask what the best 1911 is. The same kind of person is on another forum and answers "Honda" if you ask what the best Polaris ATV is. And the best Chevy truck is a Toyota.  ::)  There's one on every forum.

Present!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk