Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38427 times)

Timothy

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2020, 03:53:53 PM »
I have little doubt the leftists are dripping to have the economy tank and blame the Donald for all of this as a last ditch effort to gain control of the WH and both houses of congress.

Impeaching him didn't work!

Thoughts?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »
This stuff is getting out of hand.

Today i tried to take the misses some food and a change of clothes becuase she had to work  a double shift. (24 hrs) They had a nurse  at the door taking temps, passing out gloves and masks. The line and checks took  42 mins.  All so i could walk ~ 60' into the building drop off the bag at the vacant desk.  Takr 10 syeps back and watch the misses  pick it up in simlar garb.  10' was as close as we were allowed to get... 

We share a bed.  I know for a fact that we spread germs  back and forth all the time.

I am pretty sure the staff that i was exposed too for the check at the door was more than i have been exposed too in the last week.

Does not help that her car is in the shop for a coolent leak.  So i am driving her back and forth  anyways.   On the plus  side when i called aaa to have it towed.  From the time i called the 1800# ubtil i got a second call that they were waiting for me out side  the house was 12 min and i spent 7 on the phone with the 1800#.  The driver said it was the only tow of his shift.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2020, 06:30:40 PM »
Coming up on the second weekend since this, and we have heard nothing.  My guess is that it was just social media gossip. 

Good old social media.  As barber shops and coffee shops go away, social media makes sure the rumors and gossip remain.

Yep.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »
Yep.

At least at the barber shop you were talking to men.  Not the soy boys on social media.   Well at the ones i went to
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 02:55:32 PM »

Good old social media.  As barber shops and coffee shops go away, social media makes sure the rumors and gossip remain.

Can't even do that around here as the Governor has closed those as well. He considers then non-essential.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 05:10:53 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:06 PM »
Just read that Germany is banning gatherings of 2 or more.  So, gatherings of 1 and below are ok??

Germany is banning gatherings of 2 or more people to slow coronavirus outbreak

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/fn398o/germany_is_banning_gatherings_of_2_or_more_people/?utm_source=BD&utm_medium=Search&utm_name=Bing&utm_content=PSR3
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 11:32:00 PM »
I haven't read most of the thread yet, but wanted to make sure this was in here. The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Situation Dashboard from WHO. 21,031 deaths so far, 884 in the U.S.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd

I had a cold wet nose like a dog for a few days, and a cough for a couple of days that almost stopped tonight. Two nights ago I turned the thermostat down to 60 before I went to bed, like I've been doing. I also unhooked the electric blanket and put a regular blanket on the bed, which I  threw on the floor when I went to bed. I didn't check my temperature but I felt feverish. I laid there when it got down to 62-63 degrees, with a fan blowing on me until well after the sweat on my back dried up. I covered up from my feet to my waist with a sheet because the fan is by my feet and my toes get cold. I think I had a cold or something but except for getting really sweaty for a few hours it was very mild. If my head would ever quit hurting I'd be okay.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:10 AM »
Can't even do that around here as the Governor has closed those as well. He considers then non-essential.

That was part of what I was referring to.  Even without this outbreak, barbers and coffee shops are going away.  However, right after closing the bars and dine in restaurants, hair dressers and barbers were shut down.  Tattoo came a day later, then massage, gyms, but all of our physical therapy places are still going full bore.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2020, 08:18:04 AM »
In the midst of all this, be wary of "selected info"

For instance, it was "loudly declared" (in print and talk headlines) that the US has now surpassed Italy in Corona confirmed cases!!!!!

But here are the numbers.  First thing to keep in mind is that the US population is over 5 times that of Italy, so the fact the US is slightly ahead of them is simply no big deal. 

Then look at the deaths.....Italy, with fewer cases than the US has over 6 times the deaths of the US.  So our status in comparison to Italy is extremely favorable...but that is not how it is sensationalized by the media...

United States    85,594   1,300
Italy                  80,589   8,215

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »
Ah yes....lying with statistics.  Most people have their brains out of gear and gobble it up....those are the ones who should not vote.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk