Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38665 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »
Does anyone here know anyone with the virus?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2020, 05:39:23 PM »
A good friend of mine, his brother.

He is 63...

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
Dang I hope he heals up real quick.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2020, 07:42:17 PM »
John said he ain?t feeling too skippy.

MA has 150 plus dead already.  We worked till the 23rd before they shut down the state.

Now furloughed till April 30.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »
No, but i have been exposed.  Misses was exposed at work and so i effectively have been
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 03:42:44 AM »

Timothy

Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
Spoke with one of my oldest friends a few hours ago.  About 60 years of friendship...

He a widow maker survivor and the misses suffers from MS.

They are both recovering after two weeks from what their docs figure is Covid.

Scary but out of the woods...

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:34 AM »
I have a young friend whose wedding I officiated about 5 years back.  Last night I was informed his wife has been taken to the ER just north of here with serious symptoms.  They expect confirmation today.  They have a 3-year-old daughter.  It's just wait and see from this point.

He had volunteered to come down and do some shopping for us (Bunny and I are in the over 65 group).  I told him thanks, but no thanks since we have a local grocery store that doesn't seem to draw a crowd at 8 in the morning on a Thursday when we shop.  And, that's our big day out these days.

Self-isolate and stay healthy.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2020, 01:46:09 AM »
I still haven't been tested for COVID-19 because I never got sick enough to go to the doctor. I seem to have caught a lower respiratory infection and an upper respiratory infection at the same time. Some of my symptoms are just common cold symptoms like from a plain old rhinovirus. I got something right up the ol' rhino, but I went from having a runny nose to my sinuses being dry as a bone for a week. That's really not healthy because there's nothing in there to flush out the germs. To be honest, I'd rather have the runny nose.

I haven't just had a tickle in my throat and a cough. The tickle went all the way down my trachea almost to the tip of my breastbone. That's not a cold symptom, but it was only real bad for a few days, and it's mostly a tickle in the throat now. The cough was bad for a few days, then not so bad a few days, and keeps nearly going away then coming back again. I don't have any trouble breathing, but when I take deep breaths there's some pain in the middle of my chest afterward. When I worked with a bunch of smokers and kept getting bronchitis, I could hear a crackling kind of sound in my lungs when I took a deep breath, but not now. The lungs sound good, and I always know before a doctor checks with a stethoscope.

If COVID-19 wasn't real bad around here I might think I just got a cold and flu at the same time. But if it was the flu, it should have been gone by now. My body does a pretty good job of fighting off bacteria but not viruses. I used to catch everything that was going around before I started getting flu shots every year. I had 2 different pneumonia vaccinations within the last few years too, and I think that covers 40 strains. So I might have COVID-19, but I think it's going to take more than that to kill me.

I still haven't read much of the thread, but I hope all of you and yours are doing well in this trying time.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2020, 07:48:55 AM »
Like JunboFrank said, I, and most of my family, had something a couple of months ago. Dry cough that would not go away, tickle in the back of the throat. It seemed to last a month or better before it went away. In KY CONVID-19 is not as bad as other states have it so I really don't know if we had it or not. At least what we had, while not fun, did not have the death punch CONVID-19 seems to have. Thank God.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2020, 07:54:54 AM »
Well, there is some good news with my young friends.  She tested negative for Covid 19 so apparently she just has a butt-kicking case of influenza.  Still, she is having breathing distress and a high fever, and a number of the Corona virus testing has come back with a false negative.  Locally, officials are saying a positive means positive, but a negative doesn't always mean negative.  We'll just have to wait and see.  They did discharge her, so she's home.  I don't know if that's good or bad.  Stay tuned.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk