Author Topic: Armscor VR Series Shotguns  (Read 1817 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Armscor VR Series Shotguns
« on: December 27, 2019, 08:29:59 AM »
Last May Michael featured the Armscor VR-80 shotgun.  Do any of you guys have any experience or know anyone with experience with it? 

They have 3 main models, the VR-60 which is looks most like an AR at 7-1/2 lbs and 39", the VR-80 which is a step up in handling at 8-1/4 lbs and 40" and the bullpup VR-100 weighing in at 8 lbs and is 32" long.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billt didn't have one or two...

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Armscor VR Series Shotguns
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 07:18:24 AM »
Well, how about now?  Anybody got one?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: Armscor VR Series Shotguns
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 08:37:28 PM »
Nope. But if I was going to get one, I would get the VRBP-100 bullpup. I already have a full-length 12-gauge semi-auto, but not a bullpup which would be more useful inside the house. The bullpup has an inch more barrel length than my gun but it's 7" shorter overall. Mine is about 25" from trigger to muzzle, and it looks like the bullpup is less than 16". No matter how far back I tuck my shotgun under my arm it still sticks out 13-14" too far to clear a doorway sideways, and most of my rooms have a door in the corner. It would be a lot easier to maneuver 3-4" extra length on a bullpup than 13-14" on my gun. I have to point my gun way up, or way down, or else I'd have my muzzle enter the room before I do, which would give anyone waiting there an opportunity to grab it and have a lot of leverage on the gun. If they want to grab the muzzle of a bullpup, let them. They won't be hanging on long, and they wouldn't have much leverage even if they did. I could pop into a room with a bullpup pointed waist high if I wanted to instead of pointed at their feet.

I would have to figure out a way to rig up a VFG with a flashlight, and some way to attach a spare 9-round mag where the Picatinny rail is above the right side of the fore end. I saw a different model 12-gauge bullpup that had a pic rail on the fore end that would make the solution of the VFG/flashlight as simple as buying one. When my budget allowed I think I would top it with a holographic sight. It sounds like Vortex has a good now but EOTech is tried and true. Or if I got a red dot sight instead I would make sure it was one that "wakes up" as soon as it senses movement when you grab the gun. That sounds even better now that I've had a moment to think about it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk