Author Topic: New Leadership Required At The NRA?  (Read 3641 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
New Leadership Required At The NRA?
« on: December 25, 2019, 03:44:43 PM »
The oldest civil rights organization in the country has blood in the water and is "drawing in the sharks".  I think it is time for new and strong leadership.

From FoxNewshttps://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-rachel-maddow-nra-biggest-political-news-story

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Rachel Maddow says 'implosion' of NRA
would be 'biggest' political story
if not for impeachment

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow claimed Tuesday night that the "implosion" of the National Rifle Association (NRA) would be the biggest political news story if it weren't for the impeachment of President Trump.

Maddow began by touting the NRA's "legendary" power and major influence over politicians -- and then highlighted the rather turbulent year for the prominent guns rights organization. This included the revelation of Russia agent Maria Butina's attempt to infiltrate the group during the 2016 election and reports of the nonprofit's suspicious spending, which sparked an avalanche of lawsuits and investigations.

"Over the last few months, over the course of this year, we have watched this conservative political behemoth with really no equal in conservative politics, we have watched it collapse at breathtaking speed," Maddow told her viewers.

The liberal cable news star then pointed to the exit of NRA President Lt. Col. Oliver North and how the "drama" that has unfolded unleashed a "cascade of terrible and increasingly damning and embarrassing revelations" on the NRA's spending of donations, including the $200,000 reportedly spent on NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre's clothes and over $240,000 on lavish trips abroad.

"And the reason all of this is not just embarrassing but potentially is real troubling for the NRA is that the NRA is a nonprofit organization and there are rules, there are laws about how a non-profit can spend its members' money," Maddow explained. "Take all of Wayne LaPierre's spending habits with NRA members' money, add that to evidence that hundreds of thousands of dollars flowed from the NRA to its own board members, that's them paying themselves. Add in the red flags about the way the NRA has diverted money from what's supposed to be its charitable foundation. Put it all together and it's no wonder the NRA appears to now be very worried about an ever-widening investigation by the attorney general of the state of New York."

"If the NRA?s behavior has been bad enough, New York could conceivably revoke its nonprofit status and shut it down which is what the state of New York just did with Donald Trump?s charitable foundation this year.?

Maddow claimed that the troubles at the NRA are not only a "huge deal" but a "show-stopping deal," pointing to its shutdown of NRATV.

"The once fearsome NRA, the most powerful entity in conservative politics... I mean, they're in free-fall," Maddow continued. "And I think it's fair to say that in any other time, in any other news environment, the implosion of one of the country's most fearsome conservative political machines... we would be watching that slow-motion car crash endlessly. That would be the biggest political news story in the country for a long time, but with this president in the middle of an impeachment, it's like ... just one more tree falling in the forest."
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: New Leadership Required At The NRA?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »
I feel I am too far removed from the current internal and external happenings within the NRA. 

I have been a Life Member and supporter since 1968 and have supported them with numerous 'Membership Upgrades" and many other donations.  I have always felt they were the strongest and most effective voice in support of the 2nd Amendment and the US Constitution in general.

But recently that faith has faltered, not so much because of facts I have researched, but because of events I have heard about and because of opinions and advice of those far more aware and involved in the internal happenings in the NRA. 

Because of the views and advice of folks I respect and trust, I have suspended my support of the NRA.  I do not fully feel this is the proper course, but stay that course based on that trust and respect.

If the NRA need to be supported for the benefit of the 2A and all attendant issues, please give current opinions and suggestions.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »
I feel I am too far removed from the current internal and external happenings within the NRA. 

I have been a Life Member and supporter since 1968 and have supported them with numerous 'Membership Upgrades" and many other donations.  I have always felt they were the strongest and most effective voice in support of the 2nd Amendment and the US Constitution in general.

But recently that faith has faltered, not so much because of facts I have researched, but because of events I have heard about and because of opinions and advice of those far more aware and involved in the internal happenings in the NRA. 

Because of the views and advice of folks I respect and trust, I have suspended my support of the NRA.  I do not fully feel this is the proper course, but stay that course based on that trust and respect.

If the NRA need to be supported for the benefit of the 2A and all attendant issues, please give current opinions and suggestions.

I am on that same fence, Solus.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 08:22:46 AM »
My thought is if Michael Bane says Wayne LaPierre has to go, he has to go. 

A lot of people I know complain about how much money LaPierre makes...I don't care if he made a billion a year and successfully protected our 2A rights.  Really, what does that matter to me what he pockets IF he is doing a good job?  Complaining about what someone makes as the crux of a complaint pretty much shuts down every other complaint since it's usually driven by sour grapes and "righteous indignation". 

Right now even the libs see blood in the water and I for one did not like the restructuring they did which made their jobs untouchable.  Protecting one's job institutionally is dynasty building which isn't part of the job description....indicating their are problems on the horizon or at rest in that job position.

I have never made an NRA Annual Meeting since being a life member April 1981 and an annual member years before that.  That changes this year.  I'm going.

I aim to misbehave.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »
I, also, am a life member since the early 1990s. Here is my "rub" with the N.R.A.

Considering the constant "urgent" requests for funds from the N.R.A. and ongoing telemarketing by them, as a member, if I get even a hint that good money from my pocket, after being wasted on so much "marketing" is being further wasted by the board and Wayne I get mad. Real mad.

When I get mad I will try to find other organizations that can represent my views in D.C. Now, no one is a powerful as the NRA in representing pro-2A views but even so, they can not be allowed to squander our money.

This will lead to "other" organizations getting my money and my views not being supported as well in DC so it is a lose-lose situation. Especially in the upcoming year where we can NOT allow the anti-gunners to further their cause it is bad.

If the NRA is SERIOUS about supporting the gun owners in America they have to correct this issue. Even if it is not true, and I believe it is, they need to address it if they really wish to support gun owners. Wayne should step aside in order to allow the rest of the organization, and members, to pass this distraction so the real issue can be better addressed. My 2 cents worth.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:01:57 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 11:03:10 AM »
My thought is if Michael Bane says Wayne LaPierre has to go, he has to go.

That is exactly why I have taken the course of action I posted earlier. 

My concern is whether that basis is still as it was back then.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 11:34:05 AM »
I'm wishing I had not spent the funds to become a life member.  I could have paid yearly dues for the rest of my life and not spent half that...

I am not giving any more money to anyone...

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 06:00:09 AM »
So yes, Mr. Michael Bane should run for election on the NRA Board of Directors. 

It's time to throw the lawyer at the top out or make him so miserable he quits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk