Author Topic: Happy Veteran's Day... Thank you for your service  (Read 1349 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Happy Veteran's Day... Thank you for your service
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:21:28 AM »
I just returned from our final reunion of the 6918th Security Squadron ... guys I served with some 49 years ago at Hakata, Japan... so for those of you I haven't met, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Les Snyder
6918th Security Squadron, Hakata Air Station, Japan
6922nd Security Group, Clark AFB, Phillipines

with some time at
Joint Sobe Processing Center, Yomitan Okinawa
6924th Security Squadron, Ramsun Station, Thailand

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Happy Veteran's Day... Thank you for your service
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:34:37 AM »
HHC G2 Section, 3rd Inf Division, Wurzburg Germany

for me....and over 50 years ago.

And Thanks to all Vets.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »
40 years ago, Sept 23, 1979 discharged Honorably

NTC, Orlando, FL

US Naval Base, Truman Annex-FLEASWTRANCENLANT, Key west , FL

NAS/Naval Facility Keflavik, Iceland

US Naval Facility, Centerville Beach, CA

Happy Veterans's Day my brothers!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »
Yes, thank all of you who are veterans.  I wish my favorite veteran, my dad, was still around to talk to.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 12:27:09 AM »
U.S. Army 1979-1985. Never Again!
705th Maint. Battalion, 5th Infantry Div.
123rd Maint. Battalion, 1st Armored Div.

Thank you to all veterans and to those still serving. The only other veteran in my immediate family was my dad. When he was in the Coast Guard during WWII he had emergency surgery to have a kidney removed. They didn't want him after that, but he found a job at the Willow Run plant just south of Detroit. He met my mom there when they were riveting tail sections on B-24 Liberator bombers. Mr. and Mrs. Rosie the Riveter! Now it's home to the Yankee Air Force museum.

That's what I was able to figure out, unless there was another aircraft factory in the area where they did those jobs. I worked for GM at the Grand Blanc Tank Plant. I left the military life behind but couldn't escape the military heritage. From April 1942 to May 1945 it produced 11,385 M4 Sherman tanks, and roughly 1,190 M26 Pershing tanks from November 1944 to June 1945. Also 4,200 M48 Patton tanks from the early '50s to 1955. My mom worked at AC Spark Plug in Flint where an estimated 99+% of the .50 cal. M2 Brownings I ever saw were made. A high school friend's mom told me one day about her and the other ladies test firing them in the basement. Too bad both of those places were bulldozed and will soon be forgotten. Like POWs were by many people. :'(
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:36:32 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk