Author Topic: Elk season.  (Read 369 times)

TAB

• Top Forum Member
Re: Elk season.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 07:05:34 pm »
You betcha'...

I don't mind.   One of the good things  about getting to know your dealer well is they let you fondle handle all the cool stuff.  In all honesty it's not a gun I would use, I don't buy safe queens.   

Then there is the ~$12k in cost with scope.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

The Down Range TV Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 07:05:34 pm »

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 05:09:19 pm »
I used to have a relationship with my arms merchant in Tulsa.  Not a bad thing...except he passed away. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 05:05:16 pm »
That sucks!

I had a friend that was a dealer, his name was Squeak and he called me Toe Doc (there is a story I'll share some time), who died of diabetic complications after a surgery; I lost my gunsmith as he was working on a revolver for me and getting ready to start a conversion on my open gun (.45acp to 9mm major), and my favorite FFL/Eye Doc/very good friend is struggling with age, health, and the sudden loss of his life.  Then today I came across the obituary for another friend (SASS shooter and gunsmith).

I need to find younger friends!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 09:03:49 am »
Off to the range today, I want to get some pratice in, standing, kneeling and sitting.  Feels so strange only working 40 hours a week
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.