Author Topic: Finally found one..  (Read 17754 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Finally found one..
« on: August 17, 2019, 12:56:01 AM »
A replica DeLisle Commando Carbine,  true to the og  design... you need 2 stamps for it, 1 for the sbr and the other for the can.    Any one ever moved out of state during the background check process?   I bet it will screw things up royal.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Finally found one..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:39:19 AM »
Mess up the transfer?  Probably will stop it dead in it's tracks and cause you to resubmit from the new home address.  However, as always, I could be wrong.  You know the sheriff where your current home is...if you could keep a legal home address there until you get your paperwork that would probably be ideal.  Moving from one home to another is probably easy.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »
After doing research, intrastate move is fine.  To a different state gets you pulled and put at the bottom of the stack.   Plus you have too have it shipped to a insane class 3 dealer in your new state.  So it's a no go. Oh well I can always find another.

Got everything moved into an apartment/ my shop.  Next week is the one driving stuff too Utah  with my truck and enclosed trailer.  The misses rented a small house in town as I don't want to buy a property in a rush.  That and I need to buy a personal truck.  As I will not have one after the 1st.  Not sure if I want a half or 3/4 ton./ diesel.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:50:40 PM »
I went from an Excursion and F250 both diesel to an F150 V8.  Much quieter and you don't have to fool around with that DEF crap.  I miss the diesel for towing but I don't tow much so not much of a deal.  After I had it 5 days I put it in a local stereo shop and had the cab soundproofed along with great speakers and amps.

You may want some other brand.....the world goes around on differences but I like the gas engines right now.  I also avoided 4 wheel drive which lowers the package a bit and makes it a better road package.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 11:30:18 PM »
Has to be 4wd due to the weather and I will be buying property so gravel road.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:48:29 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 06:21:16 AM »
Where you are going 4WD is a must in the winter if you want to go anywhere at all.

There's a dirt/gravel road going into my place in Arkansas that I can drive 45-55 on no problem.  It's better than virtually all of the streets in Tulsa....  For what little it snows down here I can stay home.... 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
They do not make awd  trucks.  You are correct  awd  beats 4wd everywhere but off road.  I have to have a truck. I even looked at the new ranger, but it's only about 2k less then a similar f150 in mid level trim.  That's a no brainer, get the f150.  It blows my mind how much new trucks are these days.  At ford gm dodge, the most expensive vehicle on the lot is a truck.  You can easily spend over 100k if you want.  It's disgusting.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 11:36:17 PM »
That's because pick up trucks are the new "Must Have" Yuppie toy, Like Harley Davidsons were last decade. I see lots of Harleys going cheap in the local Market place ads.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 05:40:59 AM »
I think tax laws are a big driver on trucks and truck prices.  Working people have trucks as a business expense.  So, why not by a really nice truck at a tax discount?  I know a lot of consultants who work out of their trucks buy the top of the line trucks because the tax savings offsets the extra cost to buy top of the line.  Plus...the dang things are really nice and you can cruise at 80 like your are standing still.

So Tab, I may have posted this but I went with the Lariat model because that's where the leather split bench seat options stop.  I went to the Ford internet site and selected the options I wanted and printed out three copies.  I took each of the local dealers the printout of what they needed to order and gave them a date to submit bids...and heck it worked really well for me.  One of the dealers didn't get it and called back a couple of times...even after I told them I had already purchased the truck.  Another could not believe I'd do something like that and chopped $2k off.  The successful dealer chopped off somewhere between $8k and $10k...but I had purchased from them before and he got it.  Other than the trim level and the power step option (I got a better power step installed cheaper at the stereo shop) the Lariat has everything in it you can get with the Platinum level at $20k or more less...even with the power roof thing. 

After 4 days it went to the stereo shop and the interior was pulled out and soundproofing was installed along with a new stereo system.  The soundproofing is something I really like...but that's just me.  Now, that damn Ford Sync stereo ain't what I want....and you can't currently replace the damn thing because Ford had a closed architecture unlike, Chevy/GM, Dodge, etc., which interoperates with the rest of the vehicle.   Ford opened up their architecture back around February or so and I'll finally be able to get rid of the POS early November.  They damn thing takes a FLAC file and dumbs it down to MP3 level and does other things which really keeps me from getting what I paid for with the new speakers and amps.... 

Sorry about the ramp about the SYNC POS.  Come November I get to replace it so I can really enjoy the Mosconi/Focal upgrade.....

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 06:52:46 PM »
I don't think it's tax right offs at all, it's demand.  It's also where big profits ar3 made by the auto makers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk