Author Topic: Your Thoughts on the NRA  (Read 2037 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Your Thoughts on the NRA
« on: August 01, 2019, 11:15:18 AM »
I have been hearing many bad stories and about the NRA.  I came across this today, and would like some feed back from the folks here about what is the truth about the NRA.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/whats-really-going-on-inside-nra-operations/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=9e7d72acd3-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-9e7d72acd3-20630649#axzz5vH0v45Nh
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Your Thoughts on the NRA
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »
If you listen to Michael's podcast #632, It will clear up what has been put out there by different groups.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:02:34 PM »
Every disagreement has two sides.  In this case, the media is very anti NRA, and NRA members, who love to feed on each other anyway, are buying it blindly.  It doesn't help that the gun community has some of its own prominent faces turning their backs on the organization - Rob Pincus, disgruntled former board candidate who had to drop out of the race, because he wouldn't endorse NRA training programs being a strong anti voice.  Did I forget to mention that Rob is also forming his own group to compete with the NRA in legislative affairs?

I struggle with some of what the NRA gives away in terms of gun control.  But they are still a powerful voice, and I feel we need to work to heal and grow through this - Not die.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 07:11:56 AM »
If you listen to Michael's podcast #632, It will clear up what has been put out there by different groups.

Thanks for that info.  I've been missing the podcasts lately.  They used to be my favorite source of gun info...now I get little info at all.  Except from what you guys have to say.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 05:57:02 AM »
Wayne LaPierre needs to step down.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:27:15 PM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 11:11:49 AM »
Wayne LaPierre needs to step down.

Agreed. Even if he has not done anything wrong, at this point things have gotten to the point his stepping down would go a LONG way to re-unite different factions within the NRA. With the stupidity comming out at WalMart and San Fran we are going to be fighting a bigger battle than usual and it will requir "All Hands on Deck".
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »
Agreed. Even if he has not done anything wrong, at this point things have gotten to the point his stepping down would go a LONG way to re-unite different factions within the NRA. With the stupidity comming out at WalMart and San Fran we are going to be fighting a bigger battle than usual and it will requir "All Hands on Deck".
Exactly.  It comes down to what is more important to LaPierre: His image/reputation or the future of the NRA and 2nd Amendment.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »
Heard on the radio today, that the city of San Francisco  declared them a domestic terrorist group...   chase you know antifa are the good guys.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 06:02:33 AM »
A domestic terror group?  Really?  Well, that figures, they let their precious voter base shoot up and crap in the streets. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk