Author Topic: Posting issues  (Read 681 times)

MAUSERMAN

• Judo players kick ass
  • Top Forum Member
  • guns and girls rock
Posting issues
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:38:55 am »
How can I post pics? Seriously bugging the heck out of me. Either the file is to big or there?s some sort of error
Zombie Apocalypse Go To Guy

The Down Range TV Forum

Posting issues
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:38:55 am »

PegLeg45

• Chuck Goins: NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: Posting issues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 03:15:54 pm »
There is a "pathway error" that prevents directly uploading a file from a hard-drive like we used to be able to do.
I think you can still possibly use a link from a web-hosting site like photobucket, but I don't use those sites so I can't confirm.
I tried to upload a photo last week as a test and still no go.
After the pathway error is tries to send me back to the post but then is sends a an error message saying the post has already posted (even though it has not).

I think with all the forward progress and changes with the OC and other stuff going on with MB, the powers that be have basically left the forum as it is to die a slow death, save for the few die-hard clingers like us who still log on.
I can't really blame them, as the "gun talk" dies down several yeas ago as facebook groups lead the way for a more mainstream way to converse about subjects. For example, the most viewed post over the last six months on here is the one about what we've been eating lately.

In a nutshell, facebook, tweeter, and instagram has beaten down and almost killed off the old-style forums.

Sucks.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."~Patrick Henry

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

"We are far out on a limb......the wind is blowing, people have saws....and the tree is old." ~ PegLeg

MAUSERMAN

• Judo players kick ass
  • Top Forum Member
  • guns and girls rock
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:22:31 pm »
Dang it. I prefer this type of forum. 

PegLeg45

• Chuck Goins: NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 09:06:00 am »
Dang it. I prefer this type of forum. 

Me too.

Facebook sucks pond water in my opinion.......but if I want to stay in contact with certain folks, then that's the devil running the dance. Heck most folks that I know don't even use regular email any longer. I still get/use email for commerce, but since my wife's aunt passed away back in April I haven't got an email from a "regular" person since then.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."~Patrick Henry

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

"We are far out on a limb......the wind is blowing, people have saws....and the tree is old." ~ PegLeg

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 03:44:07 pm »
I don't do facebookey or tititwiller or anything like that.  I call on the phone, sometimes text, email....or egads...sometimes actually write a letter.

It's nice of them to keep this online.  We'd see a real upswing if MB or Marshall stopped in from time to time.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MAUSERMAN

• Judo players kick ass
  • Top Forum Member
  • guns and girls rock
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 02:41:52 am »
It?s a shame. I used to be more active here but injuries and life has changed a whole lot for me. The information I got here was informative and friendly. Cheers 🍻

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 06:52:39 am »
The only thing certain is change.  But, that doesn't mean we have to like it.

I miss the old days, too.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 06:55:03 pm »
The only thing certain is change.  But, that doesn't mean we have to like it.

I miss the old days, too.

Crusader Rabbit

What Mr. Cottontail said!

Miss you too MAUSERMAN.  Are things settling down for you?  I also recall that you were doing some writing.  How is that going?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MAUSERMAN

• Judo players kick ass
  • Top Forum Member
  • guns and girls rock
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 02:31:48 am »
Unfortunately I sustained an injury in a judo match that derailed most of my plans. Firearms had to be sidelined as was my education. Its been rough but Im well and back on the horse. 🙏🏻

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 07:22:19 am »
I hate to hear about that injury and I hope you don't have any residual injury issues to deal with.

Old injuries tend to reappear as nagging pains in old age.  Not that you can't get past the pain...it just sucks not feeling good like when you are young.

And yeah, I cannot upload either.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!