Author Topic: anyone built an AK  (Read 137 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
anyone built an AK
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:01:12 pm »
for some reason, I've been watching a lot of youtube vids on AK builds.... has anyone built an AK74 and stuck a 5.56x45 barrel on it?

The Down Range TV Forum

anyone built an AK
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:01:12 pm »

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: anyone built an AK
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:32:00 am »
Dang, that's interesting Les. 

Let us know how it turns out ! ! !   ;D

I would love to try something like that but I am way behind on my gun work.  I have 3 scopes waiting to go on some rimfires, a Palmetto State 308 waiting to be put together and several scopes to zero.  I have been overcome with land work. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 08:26:49 am »
Rastus... changed gears... ordered one of the CMMG radially delayed barrel/bolt combos for my AR9... will try to get the upper together next Monday, and see how much dot movement I get compared to my blow back 9...

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 05:43:49 am »
It's Monday.  We expect a report by tomorrow!!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:46:50 am »
might be a day or two... I want to compare dot movement at an outdoor range (Wed) down in Ruskin.... but we've had a lot of rain...I want to compare similar muzzle brakes at the same time, and the new barrel has a 1/2x28 thread, and don't have a 9mm 1/2x28 brake unless I take the Miculek off the game 5.56 and run a bigger hole through it... did stick a LaRue MBT trigger in the lower... really like the feel of the wider trigger... if the radially delayed concept works, will transfer all the furniture on the game rifle... stay tuned  :)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 06:58:18 pm »
I know this is asking a lot, especially with the thread on issues with posting pictures, but WE NEED PICTURES!  Photoes for those of us that only read a few words per day.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:41:21 pm »
Mike.. I don't have a posting host since Photobucket decided to hold my stuff for ransom