Author Topic: Oil Tankers Attacked  (Read 1269 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Oil Tankers Attacked
« on: June 13, 2019, 06:28:08 AM »
Two tankers were attacked 30 miles off the coast of Iran, in the Gulf of Oman not far from the Straits of Hormuz.  "Whodunit" is unclear right now, but I'd say this is one to watch. 

Four tankers were attacked last month.  Today it's two, but at least one of them is abandoned and adrift on fire.  It's also interesting to note that both were carrying Japanese cargo at a time when the Japanese Prime Minister is in Iran.

Here's a link that shows maritime traffic in the area:  https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:57.8/centery:25.3/zoom:8

You can see that that area of the world's seas is a very crowded place and that there is a lot of cargo in the area. 

I suspect it was an Iranian proxy but at this point who knows.  It could also be any state who wants oil prices to increase who has this capability...but probably not.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Oil Tankers Attacked
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:01 AM »
Just saw an "official" photo of an Iranian warship offloading a "Limpet" mine back at home port some time after the event.  Earlier reports suggested at least one of the tankers was hit with a torpedo, but that now seems unlikely. 

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »
I do believe Islamic doctrine teaches that only when the Islamic states are at war with and facing overwhelming forces and losing will God intervene and give victory to the Islam warriors. 

So, by that doctrine, there is no co-existence with Islam:  Either submit to them or defeat them.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson?  who once stated that Islam would not allow compromise; no "peaceful coexistence".

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 11:40:27 PM »
The only things I know about Islamic types is they love lopping off people's heads. And yelling, "Death to the infidels!" and such. You either believe in Allah or you die.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 08:44:30 AM »
The only things I know about Islamic types is they love lopping off people's heads. And yelling, "Death to the infidels!" and such. You either believe in Allah or you die.

I've read that you can become "property" or a slave...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:23:46 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 07:19:26 PM »
as form coastie... i say we just need to add a squad of military personal on all US ships in that part of the world.( US registered ships are protected by the coast guard any where in the world, same with navel ships in port)  does not really matter which ones. marines, coasties.... well ok maybe not air force.

I know the us shipping companies would not say no to basicly free protection as they already pay a lot for private stuff.  its been almost 20 years since i left, but while i was in, the feeling of majority of both officers and enlisted i came in contact with was sink the mofo with out warning and leave the floaters in the water. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk