MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
RIP
« on: June 07, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
Rest In Peace Best Defense.

Thanks for all the great information and education Michael and crew.  The Best Defense has been a great source of information over the years.  This show will be missed by many.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »
Indeed so. It was a good run and I hate to see it end.
Now I have no reason to pursue the Outdoor Channel from the a la carte options on Dish.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »
Indeed so. It was a good run and I hate to see it end.
Now I have no reason to pursue the Outdoor Channel from the a la carte options on Dish.

There are always Gun Stories and Shooting Gallery, but how much longer will Outdoor hang on to them.   Chip, chip, chip.  Once the ones they own are gone, Shooting USA had better watch their backs, because they will be next.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:20:21 PM »
No disrespect to Michael and crew (as I still feel their production values set the bar), but Shooting Gallery lost something when it went to a half hour format. With commercials, it only gave MB about twenty minutes of show time and it just became....different. I still have the last season DVR'ed and have yet to even watch it.

Gun Stories is a good show (also with high production values) but after the more popular and well-known guns have been covered, then the rest are meh. I'm just being honest...... The last two seasons I watched maybe 1/3 of the episodes because some of the guns profiled just didn't interest me.

Wednesday nights was the only reason I paid the extra cost for the OC (not a high cost, but still extra) and TBD and SG were the crown jewels of the night.

Now that TBD is going away, and SG is not as it once was.....and Scouten's show has basically turned into an hour-long advertisement for run-n-gun and high dollar equipment, and I quit recording American Rifleman TV when it kept putting me to sleep in the middle of the day while trying to watch it.....there's not much reason to hang with the OC (watching the other six days of forty different versions of people shooting tame deer doesn't do anything for me).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

uncle jed

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 08:22:37 AM »
I have to agree - the only reason I have MODTV was for Best Defense, Gun Stories, and Shooting Gallery. Other wise, I don't watch much else. I really liked Dock Dogs, but I guess they don't make those any more either.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:00:52 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 09:02:12 AM »
I'm going to ask this question elsewhere as well, including direct contact, but I want it public here:

Michael, I bought the dvd of the first season, and then no more were produced.  I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BILL!  This rules out MOTV and other options.  What does it take to gain access to all episodes of The Best Defense and The Best Defense Survival?

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 09:50:16 AM »
I'm going to ask this question elsewhere as well, including direct contact, but I want it public here:

Michael, I bought the dvd of the first season, and then no more were produced.  I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BILL!  This rules out MOTV and other options.  What does it take to gain access to all episodes of The Best Defense and The Best Defense Survival?

I believe if it were totally up to MB alone it wouldn't be an issue.
It all changed once TOC got their fingers in the pie. I'm sure the numbers have been crunched and there isn't enough money to be made via DVD sales for what the mainstream FUDDs at TOC consider as a niche market in today's "outdoor" world.

FlashBack

• Forum Member
    • DragRacing / Car Cruises
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 07:55:33 PM »
I really miss seeing new episodes of TBD but I think I've got a majority of them on dvd's that we pop in on occasion to watch....just re-watched Mass Casualties yesterday!
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
Thanks guys fir the kind words.

Ultimately, I answered(ed) to my Overlords. I am committed by contract for one more season of SHOOTING GALLERY, the 30-minute version, for Q1 & Q2 2021 and scripting one more season of GUN STORIES, and I will do an excellent job!

My focus for this year is also michaelbane.tv and the Internet products, MBTV ON THE RADIO podcast and the weekly video series, TRIGGERED. We just finished the 8th episode of THE BEST DEFENSE/SURVIVAL Roundtable this evening...it just went up on michaelbane.tv and FB.

The Roundtable will continue until the end of May. First week of July we will roll out a remotely produced version of THE BEST DEFENSE that will carry on what we are committed to doing.

That's the plan so far!

Mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 12:17:02 PM »
Excellent across the board!!

That round-table was a stellar idea, indeed.
MBTV is on track to be (if not already) the online benchmark for the gun world.....just like the shows are now (and were for those no longer in production). I'm glad you can be "unconfined" by time limits and can make an episode last as short or long as necessary to get your ideas and point out there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk