Author Topic: No more bench made knives for me.  (Read 3526 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: No more bench made knives for me.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »
I like my Benchmade knives but don't carry them anymore. I had a Case pocket knife that I carried for years and years. I sharpened it so many times I had to grind a bit off the blade next to the handle, otherwise it wouldn't close far enough to cover the tip of the blade. Then I filed a semi-circle out of the handle so I could get hold of the nail nick. When it was looking like a toothpick with a handle on it I finally got rid of it. I used a very large air chisel at work to destroy it. I may have been tempted to get it out of the trash if I didn't. I bought 2 Coast brand knives made in Ireland as replacements for it and I'm on the second one. It has 2 blades instead of 1 and it's okay but not as good as a Case. They were cheap and not made of the greatest quality of steel. I can bend the blades sideways and they'll stay that way until I bend them back. I'll never buy a Benchmade or a Coast knife again. I looked at some Gerber and Kershaw knives at Tractor Supply recently and they were all made in China. No thanks, I already have some cheap Chinese knives.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
Buy Kershaw USA.

Stay away from their bubble pack knives.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 07:04:09 PM »
The best knives I have as it pertains to edge-holding ability is Cold Steel (20+ yr old...don't know about current knives) and CRKT. I bought my younger son a CRKT fixed blade with gut hook for skinning and dressing deer and he can easily do a half-dozen deer before it needs attention....and then all it needs is stropping.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 01:01:45 PM »
what a shock they are doubling down.

they say they will not do it anymore, and the money they gave too the anti gun dems was because they were pro knife people and were going to try and change the laws.

So they have proven to be either liars or so dumb that they do not realize that most of their market share are gun people.   either way a business I do not want to give money.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

OneLegMan

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 01:20:44 PM »
Tom Gresson's Gun Talk had a representative from Benchmade on his show.  Well worth the listen.  Tom left him speechless.
https://guntalk.com/gun-talk-radio/benchmade-talks-destroying-guns-donations-dems-ors-strict-gun-bill

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:13:57 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
Tom Gresson's Gun Talk had a representative from Benchmade on his show.  Well worth the listen.  Tom left him speechless.
https://guntalk.com/gun-talk-radio/benchmade-talks-destroying-guns-donations-dems-ors-strict-gun-bill

That was good stuff.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 11:39:30 PM »
I found a picture of my old LB7 and the Case pocket knife I sharpened out of existence. Too bad I still can't post any pics. I found a picture of me when I was in the army I'd like to post too. Maybe in a few more weeks, or months, we can post pics again. Sigh.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk