Author Topic: F00k taxes  (Read 3362 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: F00k taxes
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 11:02:46 PM »
Yes but. How many people work 120 hours a week.  My hourly rate has too be about $20/ hr

I don't know anyone who can work for over 17 hours a day, 7 days a week. I've seen people at work for long hours but not working the whole time, and they still didn't "work" 120 hours a week. It's not legal to work that many hours on a lot of jobs. You'd never even be able to get a full 7 hours sleep even if you slept in your car on site and NEVER went home, to the store, to the doctor, etc.

I got to the point where I had to turn down all voluntary overtime because the long hours I already worked wore out my body. Just working the hours I was forced to gave me carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists and wore the cartilage away in one shoulder. After 10 years of bones grinding together I had to get a chunk of one bone removed. Then I couldn't work at all for 6 months while I recovered from surgery. Anyone who can work for 120 hours a week and not wear their body out beyond repair must have better genetics than me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 11:22:56 PM »
Oh trust me, I pay for it.   I left the house at 3:55.   It's now 9:18. I have been home about 30 mins, I am printing 90 pages.  I have 2 letters too write  and 3 invoices.  I should be done in 2 hours.  I am use  too it
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 01:08:05 AM »
I wish your taxes went to me instead of the government. I'd even give you a 50% tax break and be happier than a pig that's not in s**t.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 09:11:18 AM »
I never made that much even when I was working 13 out of 14 days plus working overtime on almost all of them. I think I made half as much in my best year. It must really suck for you and TAB to have that much money, instead of getting by on half a paycheck like me.

I wasn't bragging, Frank! 

I should be able to save but I have a disabled spouse.  Her care takes money...besides the expense of living in the east which isn't going to change, ever...  I've just gotta work for the rest of my life to make sure she gets what she needs!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »
That sucks Timothy. No wonder you're not in better financial shape. I've known people who worked all the overtime they could and didn't actually own much of anything. They pissed it all away on payments on big boy's toys. I'm glad to know you're not one of those guys. They'll be working until the day they die too. Death and taxes...  :(

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:38:59 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 05:50:32 PM »
That sucks Timothy. No wonder you're not in better financial shape. I've known people who worked all the overtime they could and didn't actually own much of anything. They pissed it all away on payments on big boy's toys. I'm glad to know you're not one of those guys. They'll be working until the day they die too. Death and taxes...  :(
   hey, I am one of those guys, but all my big boy toys are for work.  I just bought a cat 420f2.  With a loader bucket and extend hoe... I spent just under 140. Payment is right at 3k for 48 months.  I got tired or renting them.  300/ day and 300 for delivery/ pick up. 

I don't want anything bigger

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »

My truck turns 16 in about 3 weeks!  LOL

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
My truck turns 16 in about 3 weeks!  LOL

I drive the 97 f250hd  all of my work trucks are 17 or 18.  I honestly hate them.  I would love too find a truck with wind wings.

I drive my cars into the ground.  Company stuff gets replaced as soon as I can no longer write it off

Timothy

F00k taxes
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 06:41:14 PM »
Oh, and we have mechanics in our shop making low six figures!  I work in the engineering dept but never graduated.  Probably cost me a few bucks over the decades...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 12:26:11 AM »
Our new dummycrap governor wants to add an additional 45 cents per gallon tax on gasoline and use the money to fix the roads. That's what they were supposed to do with the money when they raised it 15 months ago to the 5th highest rate in the country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk