Author Topic: F00k taxes  (Read 3355 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
F00k taxes
« on: March 02, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
So I just got mine done for last year, I have too pay 43.78% in tax/ ss/ state/ local...   sure feels great*sarcasm *

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: F00k taxes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 05:08:22 PM »
Fook 'em all! A couple of things save me money on taxes let me keep more of my money. Only 13 states tax social security and Michigan isn't one of them. And I don't have to pay city income taxes anymore. Not until I inherit a pile of money or win the lottery.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »
just a comment for those of you able to put something away for retirement....get good financial advice from a fiduciary and not someone that is going to make a commission on selling you a product... look at your future tax liability,,, when I was younger I was not able to take advantage of a Roth IRA as a payroll deduction until the later part of my working life... it sounds good for you to invest pre tax money into a mutual fund and not pay taxes until you take it out, when supposedly you will be at a lower tax rate....

just remember, the year you turn 70 and 1/2, you must start taking "required minimum distributions" of any tax deferred accounts.... for me, my actuarial death would be at 86 (I should be so lucky) so I'm required to take 1/16 of the value in the accounts as income, and pay taxes on it.... this is a time when you do not have a JOB!!!

look at some alternative tax strategies....tax free municipal bonds, Roth IRA, fixed annuities..... I'm not an advisor, seek professional help

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
I had some money in the bank but not enough to retire on. I thought I would work for more than a decade longer than I did and retire from GM when I got 30 years in. Just because I thought there was plenty of time to save up didn't mean there was. Anyone who's still working should be putting away more than they think they need to, just in case. No matter how you invest it or how much tax you have to pay on it, you'll be glad it's there when you need it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
I make about 85k and I’m pretty much broke...sad but I’m not alone!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:30:39 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 01:43:41 PM »
Back when I made that I actually  had money.  Now it seems to go just as fast as it comes in.  More money more problems.  If I didn't have 260k in people owing me money I would actually have it.  Getting people  too pay is the hardest part.   So much so they I have a lawyer that just deals with my none payments.  Tomorrow I have too serve a 1st time, last time client. That is 6 months over do on a 19k bill, it's now 26k.  If we go too trial it will be another 5k at least.    My current pay roll is 112k every 2 weeks.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 04:09:29 PM »
I make about 85k and I’m pretty much broke...sad but I’m not alone!

I never made that much even when I was working 13 out of 14 days plus working overtime on almost all of them. I think I made half as much in my best year. It must really suck for you and TAB to have that much money, instead of getting by on half a paycheck like me.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 04:35:52 PM »
I never made that much even when I was working 13 out of 14 days plus working overtime on almost all of them. I think I made half as much in my best year. It must really suck for you and TAB to have that much money, instead of getting by on half a paycheck like me.

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.”
Archilochus, 650 BC

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »
I exaggerated when I said half a paycheck. It's more than that but still not as much as I made when I was working.

If you don't count child labor I've only had 2 jobs. One in the army and one for GM. I joined the army when I was 17 with no prior training required, and my training in the army didn't prepare me to do much of anything when I got out. When I interviewed for GM the woman doing the interview saw on my resume that I was a veteran and asked me, have you ever had a real job? It was hard to not say anything, like, getting paid a dollar an hour to protect your freedom was a real job.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 07:26:54 PM »

Yes but. How many people work 120 hours a week.  My hourly rate has too be about $20/ hr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk