Author Topic: No more bench made knives for me.  (Read 3552 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
No more bench made knives for me.
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:44:18 AM »
I know I should have posted this I. The blade section, but every one here needs too see this

https://www.kptv.com/news/oregon-city-knife-company-police-face-backlash-after-social-media/article_67ef365c-366d-11e9-a640-2f412f4f92a1.html

OREGON CITY, OR (KPTV) – Oregon City Police are facing scrutiny after the department shared a post on Facebook thanking Oregon City manufacturer Benchmade Knife Company for helping destroy guns.

Just the 1st mine
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: No more bench made knives for me.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 06:44:02 AM »
I changed my avatar right before I saw your post. RIP Benchmade. It's nice not knowing you.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 11:33:31 AM »
I bought one last year.  Didn’t care for the action of the knife.  Returned it right quick.

This article explains that these rifles had all been used in crimes.  Benchmade was just assisting in the disposal.

If they’d been “confiscated” that’d be different.

2 cents...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »
Some states the Leo's must sell them unless they are not sellable. ( example no serial number, or illegal class 3)

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
I know. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:06:37 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »
It's not just that they destroyed guns.  They also gave $$$$ to Democrat that are rabid anti gunners.

What I don't get, is why no one thought about what would happen if this became public.  I am going too go out in a limb here and say they know most of thier  market are gun owners/ lovers.  Wht would you ever do anything too piss off your market share. 

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 01:56:06 PM »
Well, that changes things.  Again I buy Kershaw Ken Onion knives and have for years.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »
Somewhere online it said they gave over $33,000 to anti-gun democrats. I don't know where they got that number from, but I agree with TAB that most of their market is gun owners. I think guns and knives just naturally go together. One of my Bali-Songs is Benchmade branded. The other one was made before they changed their name from Bali-Song to Pacific Cutlery Corporation.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 11:36:07 AM »
Never owned a Benchmade......this probably insures that will be a permanent status.

For years I was a Gerber knife man and then they went cheap on their blade materials. Up until Christmas I'd carried the same Gerber for 25 years. the edge of the handle got cracked in my motorcycle crash but it didn't effect the function. It held a good sharp edge. At Christmas my younger son got me a Kershaw with the open-assist and I had to re-learn my technique since it carries differently clipped in my pocket.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
It's not just that they destroyed guns.  They also gave $$$$ to Democrat that are rabid anti gunners.

What I don't get, is why no one thought about what would happen if this became public.  I am going too go out in a limb here and say they know most of thier  market are gun owners/ lovers.  Wht would you ever do anything too piss off your market share.

They're in Oregon, they think everyone thinks like they do. Probably more than a tad of arrogance that this would never come to light.

My understanding is that the company which used to do this for the po-po decided to stop, so the PD reached out to benchmade who was only too happy to help remove all of those icky guns from existence. There is also some question as to whether benchmade followed ATF guidelines in destroying the weapons since the video seems to indicate otherwise, e.g. the manufacture of an SBR in the process of cutting them up.

But then, it's in Oregon so no one will even be questioned about this, let alone be held accountable.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk