Author Topic: BRN-180 AR-180 Style Upper For AR-15s  (Read 505 times)

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: BRN-180 AR-180 Style Upper For AR-15s
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 05:30:53 pm »
Yeah, it sounds like we started out about the same. I bought mine from a guy at work who was a gun dealer on the side, back when it was still easy to get an FFL. I think it was $572 but can't be sure without looking at the sales slip. I started working in that department in 1992 so it wasn't any earlier than that. My Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II has the old A1 style rear sight and the A2 brass deflector. From what I found when I looked it up years ago, it looks like Colt made the A1/A2 transitional uppers for 3 or 4 years. The A2 rear sight with the drum was only put on the HBARs for awhile.

My lower doesn't have a fence around the mag release either but other than that and the rear sight it was all A2. It has the chrome-lined 1:7" A2 profile barrel with A2 flash hider, and A2 stock, grip and handguards. I put a tritium front sight on it and a large aperture rear sight. It's been so long the tritium quit glowing but I never bothered to change the sights. I should put the A2 post back on but I like having regular and ghost-ring type apertures.
“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.”
Archilochus, 650 BC

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher.

The Down Range TV Forum

Re: BRN-180 AR-180 Style Upper For AR-15s
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 05:30:53 pm »