Author Topic: Shot Show 2019  (Read 2393 times)

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shot Show 2019
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »
We are ready. Booth 3850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Shot Show 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 11:16:18 PM »
I was thinking the other day that the .475 Bishop Short Magnum does for the AR-10 what the .458 SOCOM did for the AR-15. It stuffs the fattest shell possible in the magazine and launches a big chunk of lead.

You should trademark that before someone else does. "It does for the AR-10 what the .458 SOCOM did for the AR-15". I'll tell you where to send the royalty checks.   ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
I have always wanted to goto the shot show, went to sema last year, it was a lot of fun.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:32:22 PM »

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 03:23:10 AM »
 What are the chances that the .475 Bishop Short Magnum is a straight wall cartridge?

Ohio allows carbines that shoot a straight wall for deer.  That might be in the running.  A lot of guys are going to 45x70 or 450 Bushmaster.  A 475 in an arm like those shown would turn heads and put meat on the table.

I love the look of the lever and I need an excuse for an AR10, but do not tell the wife.

See you at NRA???

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:31:06 AM »

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 03:25:36 AM »
No it is not a straight wall cartridge.

And unfortunately, we will not be at the NRA show.

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »
What are the chances that the .475 Bishop Short Magnum is a straight wall cartridge?

Ohio allows carbines that shoot a straight wall for deer.  That might be in the running.  A lot of guys are going to 45x70 or 450 Bushmaster.  A 475 in an arm like those shown would turn heads and put meat on the table.

I love the look of the lever and I need an excuse for an AR10, but do not tell the wife.

See you at NRA???
Check this out: And see you at Shot Show 2020 and Industry Day at the Range!

https://youtu.be/Sak4oGcPmRA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 09:46:15 PM »
Better than a jackhammer. If I need to get through a cinder block wall I know who to call. ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk