Author Topic: coffee filters  (Read 17002 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: coffee filters
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 12:03:18 PM »
<snip>
I really don't know any of you but have read enough to know I would feel right at home sitting down around a pot belly stove with any/all of you (Even Tom Bogan).

Not a pot belly, but I do have this:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/us-stove-cast-iron-logwood-wood-stove-with-legs-1-600-sq-ft?cm_vc=-10005
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »
Concerning forum talk and guns vs other topics I will mention this: there must be some folks out there interested in reading about boring, non-gun stuff......there is a post about what folks eat every day that has had 22,165 post views since last February when it was started.

I've always looked at this forum as being slightly "different" than other "gun" forums because of the open discussion nature here. There are many bigger forums out there and ten years ago I tried those out just looking around. Most are overbearing in nature and can get downright rude to the point of booting people if they even slightly drift off the given topic....and if a newbie asks what they "veteran forum folk" deem a stupid or too-oft asked question I've seen them ridicule them when a simple answer would suffice.
I don't want to be a part of that type of forum activity which is why DRTV is the only one I still engage in (I do FB, but always check in here first and then several times a day).

I'm proud of the fact that the DRTV forum is the gun forum equivalent to the bar on the show Cheers.
If ya wanna talk guns, we'll do that....if ya wanna talk coffee, we'll do that to with equal enthusiasm.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »

With presses, you need a very coarse grind.  Pre-ground is way too fine for mine and you risk blowing the glass beaker if you press too fast.

I use a procedure that makes it easier to press at the end. 

After I have the grounds in, I stir the mix as I pour in the hot water.  Then I put the cap on and 1 minute later into the brew, I lift the cap enough to stir the grounds that have floated to the top to be sure they are soaked and the final press is always fairy easy. 

Give it a try if you don't already do it.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »
You did notice that this subject is in a forum on cooking?

I’ve had four hip replacements so yes, I’m a bit lame!  I won’t speak for the rest...

I'm still hobbled by my third knee surgery.  These things were sure a lot easier to take 34 years ago.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 06:13:40 PM »
Well, we were left to fend for ourselves.

And that has always proven dangerous.  Be thankful we are talking about food and not our latest oooooops in the shop.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:46:03 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 06:16:48 PM »
Concerning forum talk and guns vs other topics I will mention this: there must be some folks out there interested in reading about boring, non-gun stuff......there is a post about what folks eat every day that has had 22,165 post views since last February when it was started.

I've always looked at this forum as being slightly "different" than other "gun" forums because of the open discussion nature here. There are many bigger forums out there and ten years ago I tried those out just looking around. Most are overbearing in nature and can get downright rude to the point of booting people if they even slightly drift off the given topic....and if a newbie asks what they "veteran forum folk" deem a stupid or too-oft asked question I've seen them ridicule them when a simple answer would suffice.
I don't want to be a part of that type of forum activity which is why DRTV is the only one I still engage in (I do FB, but always check in here first and then several times a day).

I'm proud of the fact that the DRTV forum is the gun forum equivalent to the bar on the show Cheers.
If ya wanna talk guns, we'll do that....if ya wanna talk coffee, we'll do that to with equal enthusiasm.

This right here is why I hang out here and quit AR15 long ago

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 06:34:02 PM »
I heard so many bad things about arfcom that I never joined. I like hanging out here with my extended family of firearm aficionados. I don't know about anyone else but I drink coffee more days than not, and I eat more than once every day, but I don't shoot my guns every day. Some parts of the forum like this one have everyday topics like cooking, instead of I just got a new gun, etc. Take it or leave it, that's how it is. And no one is ever forced to read anything that doesn't interest them. There are parts of the forum that I don't think I've ever looked at.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 10:23:37 PM »
We can also bring this thread back to guns quickly:

On a trip to Tulsa to shoot in the Pro-Am, I shot sweet guns belonging to Rastus and he treated me to pizza; I had burgers with Phil Strader; in Mesa I had sub sandwiches with Rob Leatham, and I met Nils Jonasson, along with his dad and brother Peter, when he was but an unclassified early teenager (on our second meeting, a chance encounter at Airguns of Arizona we moved to a local burger shop where I nearly went broke treating those boys.  And, scotch, really good scotch, with Angus Hobdell; I've enjoyed a steak dinner with Larry and Brenda Poterfield; and there were sandwiches with Julie Golob, when she was a very young mother and I could scare her with parental experience, and drooling on my lunch with Jessie Harrison (pre-Duff and during her Abbate years).

Local SASS matches end with a trip to the local bar for burgers and sandwiches as a group; bullseye has a group that comes straight from work, and fast food in the ready room; trap and sporting clays usually have a grill fired up and smoking all evening; and long range is known for range picnics.

Food is the emulsifier in our society that brings us all to the same level.  Put a group of people of similar likes together in a room, and leave them to talk, or put them in a room and serve lunch.  Food breaks down the barriers and makes us all comfortable.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »
How about a post on guns and coffee in just 4 words?

Black Rifle Coffee Company.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

I just found out they have decaf now. I didn't see any when I checked before.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk