Author Topic: That's not fieworks. Happy New Year!  (Read 1366 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
That's not fieworks. Happy New Year!
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:02:04 PM »
Every New Year's Eve people are shooting their guns and setting off the occasional fireworks. At 11:56 I heard someone ripping through some rounds at a fast full-auto pace. And there they go again. It sounds like WWIII for a couple of hours every year but I don't think I ever heard that before.

Happy New Year!
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: That's not fieworks. Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:00:39 AM »
Here in Arizona we have "Shannon's Law". It was established after Shannon Smith, a fourteen-year-old Phoenix girl killed by a stray bullet in June 1999. They were able to trace the bullet to an individual after witnesses saw him fire it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
Re: That's not fieworks. Happy New Year!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 07:48:09 PM »
It's against the law to shoot firearms inside of city limits but that never stopped anyone. It happened when I lived on the other side of town too. Idiots around here act like they've never heard of gravity or they don't think it applies to their bullets. Or maybe they do but just don't care. I think that's more likely. It starts by 11:00 because there's always someone who "jumps the gun" and other idiots follow their example.

From where I'm sitting it sounded like it was worse in the township next door than in the city. But sometimes things sound like they're coming from that direction even if they aren't. There's an air conditioner in one  window that I'm in no shape to keep taking out and putting back in. It's like the window is open and the sound comes in that way.

One particular a**hole who used to live next to me liked to get an early start on the 4th of July too. Sometimes he was blowing up M-80s and lighting fireworks in May. ???
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk