Author Topic: Black Friday sales  (Read 3500 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Black Friday sales
« on: November 23, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »
There's still time for some good deals. This sounds like a good one to me.

Mil Spec M4 assembled upper receiver for $54. Another place had them on sale for $110 so this has got to be a good deal.

https://www.xproducts.com/product/m4-assembled-upper-receiver/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Black Friday sales
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »
I've had good luck with basic units from Palmetto State Armory... one of their Black Friday $100 +shipping lowers, just arrived at my FFL...my .22lr will now have a dedicated lower

a project that has been long time in the design stage is now finished... I have a .40SW G23 gen3 that is a stepchild as I now only load 9mm... I ordered an aftermarket 9mm slide and barrel from Midway (I have a 40-9 conversion barrel, but wanted a 9mm bolt face), added a 9mm ejector and extractor, shortened the extractor pressure plug... ran 200 through it today... I now have a quasi G19... I've always been fascinated on how the 19 size Glocks seem to shoot better for me than the longer sight radius pistols

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 06:52:22 AM »
Interesting observation Les.  Is it the weight forward or the moment of force from swinging the barrel?  Or...????
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 12:47:44 PM »
Rastus... my perception is that the short G19 barrels allow the bullet to exit the barrel before any net detrimental recoil occurs, or before the barrel unlocks enough to cause the barrel to drop...experts that calculate the velocity/time of the bullet flight say bullets are out for all models before this happens and is a non issue...I just know that I perceive slightly more accuracy of my 19 size pistols, even over the longer sight radius of my G34 ... my G34 has a traditionally rifled barrel as does the barrel in the conversion, so I don't think that is an issue... more likely the real answer is that I see the shorter distance to the front sight better with my 71 year old astigmatic eyes that are developing cataracts better  :)

I had a chance to handle a G45 (9mm) basically a G19 with a G17 grip and it felt pretty good, though all my other Glocks are Gen3s... one of the guys that usually shoots on my squad at the matches has a 19X, and offered me a chance to shoot it ... will have to do so just for the experience

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
Tell me about the old eyes....a touch of macular degeneration here.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:39:42 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
Not a Black Friday sale but I ordered some books online from Barnes & Noble. You get free shipping on orders over $25 and I ordered 4 hardcover books for a little under $27. But I forgot about the 10% discount I wanted to use. When I remembered a couple of minutes later I cancelled my whole order. Then I put the same 4 books in my cart and applied the 10% discount. That brought it down to less than $25 so I would have to pay whatever the cost of shipping was. Aaargh! So I added the 1999 re-release of the 1984 album, The Best of Kansas. I already have it on vinyl but haven't played any records in a long time. The CD was $4.99 which brought my total back over $25 again. Free shipping. Yes! With sales tax it would be $5.29, but because on the 10% discount my order was only $1.89 higher than the order I cancelled without the CD, and $1.89 for a CD isn't bad. They added 3 more songs but had to drop Perfect Lover to make room for them on the CD. I don't even remember that song and won't miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNrJMkTWEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz6u9suVNlY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_Kansas
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
I had Leftoverture on 8-track.  Love that album!

Glad you got the books you wanted, and scored the music as well, but, DAMN, that was an exhausting read.  Did you ever write for TV?  I'm trying to figure out if this was part of a script for Columbo or Tim Conway
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 11:14:02 PM »
I know I write too much sometimes, but I just can't help it. Some of my stuff is on its way already. I never had an 8-track. My neighbor had one and we were listening to a tape and it just stopped right in the middle of a song and switched tracks to play the rest of it. That sucked. 8-tracks were invented by Bill Lear of Lear Jet fame. I just thought I'd toss some trivia in there. I liked at least parts of Leftoverture and Point of Know Return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scT-77nwRAo

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »
Rules for using 8-Track:  1.  Smack their edge on something hard before putting them in, like an grunt in the trenches with their magazines and helmets; and two, 2. 8-track players should come with a box of match books (if you don't get this, find an old fart, and they will explain it.).

* Your experience with 8-track showed that there were no matches involved.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 12:04:25 AM »
Short version: I'm getting a bunch of packages.

Long version: The post office delivered a personalized six-pack of Coke today, with a different name on each glass bottle, for 6 of my friends. FedEx gave it to the post office first, and over the weekend it didn't look like either one of them had it. I'll put the bottles in a wooden Coke six-pack case I bought years ago and give that to a couple of my friends too. I'm sure they'll be surprised since we aren't exchanging gifts.

UPS delivered a package today too. They should be bringing me 3 more tomorrow and another one on Friday. And there's one here I have to take to the UPS Store. The drivers who deliver don't do pickups, and I don't want to schedule one when I can be at the store in 10 minutes.

One package that's coming is a seat cover for my ATV. It was supposed to be 30% + an additional 15% off for members on the email list. The email said 45% off but when I added it to my online cart it took 40.5% off. That's 30% + 15% of the remainder. After I emailed them and they told me what the deal was, they messed up and took 30% off + another 30% off instead. So I actually got 51% off, plus 1 cent where there made a mistake rounding it off. I'm happy with the extra 10+% off my order.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk