Author Topic: Beat Up Mosin's Now Going For $469.95 !!  (Read 1923 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Beat Up Mosin's Now Going For $469.95 !!
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:43 PM »
Never thought I'd live to see the day. And they're round receiver Ishevsk's. I paid $69.95 For Hex Receiver Tula's with all the accessories just a few years ago.

http://www.jgsales.com/mosin-nagant-91-30-round-receiver-rifles,-7.62x54r,-original-finish-1943-izhevsk,-c-r,-used.-p-102449.html

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
Re: Beat Up Mosin's Now Going For $469.95 !!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 10:35:57 PM »
For the same amount of money I'd rather have a brand new Ruger American Rifle. Or a used Remington, Winchester, etc.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 02:45:00 AM »
The trick is to stock up on the ammo when it was cheap as well.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 01:51:45 PM »
I knew you would have stocked up on ammo too but had no idea how much. How many rounds are in a crate? The crates would be good for storage when they're empty. I would fill them with other ammo.

I got my army issue footlocker sorted out again this week. I got the rest of my .45 ACP ammo in, but had to take out some other ammo to make room. I'm giving my .38 Special, .357 Magnum, and .44 Special ammo to friends. The .44 Special includes Strike Three, with 3 000 Buck in a CCI/Speer shot capsule. The top tray of the foot locker is full of magazines and knives.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »
I was talking to a kid, one of our daughter's classmates, about gunshows and the lack of interesting.  He told me about what he was collecting.  One evening, while I was still at work, he pulled in the lot in front of my office window.  He pulled me outside and opened his trunk.  I can't remember what was all in there, but it included several Mosin's and similar.  As I recall, it was about 25.  Nice guns!  He could tell the story of everyone of them ... He has always been a nerd, but fun.  He told me he had an average of $135 and change in each (he didn't say "and change."  He knew the exact amount to the penny.)  Most had all the accessories, and there were a few sniper variants in the lot.

Wonder what the trunk is worth today?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:08:31 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »
Wonder what the trunk is worth today?

A small fortune if he can this kind of price for them, and more for the sniper models.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk