Author Topic: Biscuit Recipe  (Read 12034 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
Re: Biscuit Recipe
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »
I only glanced at the picture as I scrolled past it. I'm such an idiot sometimes. When I couldn't find anything like that under "R" on Demeter Fragrance's website I was even more confused than before when I was looking up the names of cocktails. I just searched for it by name on there and came up with no result. The only thing it shows that starts with Red is Red Poppies. There's also a Rooibos Red Tea. I saw a tea company catalog selling rooibos red tea about 20 years ago. Going strictly from memory it's pronounced roy-boss, it makes a red liquid when you brew it, but it's not tea or even closely related to tea, and I think it comes from South Africa but I'm not sure. It's been too long to say.

https://demeterfragrance.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 09:05:12 PM »
Well, I need to print out all of your suggestions on biscuits and start trying the recipes.

It may take more than a couple of weeks....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »
Well, I need to print out all of your suggestions on biscuits and start trying the recipes.

Sounds like time well spent to me............. As my grand-pappy used to say, "What's time to a hog?"  ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »

When you have tried and perfected the very best of them, will we be able to make Mail Order purchases?

:) :)
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »
When you have tried and perfected the very best of them, will we be able to make Mail Order purchases?

:) :)

You might be on to something....that concept seems to work well for Omaha Steaks.  ;D

I say video the processes for each and start a youtube channel called Cookin' With Rastus8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:13:51 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 04:05:31 AM »
Years ago there was a PBS cooking show called "Two Fat Women," or something like that.  It was British, and two women rode the countryside with a motorcycle and sidecar.

This thread and forum as a whole begs a new title:  Old Fat Men With Flour and Lard In Their Guns.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
Hey you're onto something Peg.  I need some kinda gig to finance gun purchases once I retire.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »
Maybe you can get some Biscuit Boys franchises going.  :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 04:17:03 AM »
I'm in!!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 05:07:39 AM »
Ingredients
•   200 g unsalted butter, softened
•   200 g white caster sugar
•   1 medium egg, lightly beaten
•   400 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
Method
1.   In a large mixing bowl, use an electric whisk to cream the butter with the sugar until well mixed and just creamy in texture. Do not overwork, or the biscuits will spread during baking.
2.   Beat in the egg until well combined. Add the flour and mix on a low speed until a dough forms. Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
3.   Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, then roll out to 3mm thick. Cut, by hand or with cookie cutters, to your desired shape. Using a palette knife, transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
4.   Bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on the size of your biscuits, until golden brown at the edges. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk