Author Topic: Hurricane Michael  (Read 2837 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Hurricane Michael
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
Looks like it's apt to get quite interesting over the next 48 hours in my neck o' the woods.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

Re: Hurricane Michael
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 12:46:12 PM »
Keep yer head down...

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »
Good luck thru this, Peg and take care. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:11:51 AM »
Batten down the hatches. I'm glad that's not my neighborhood. My only weather related problem is waiting for another dry day or two so I can mow my yard again. If it keeps getting up to 80 degrees it should dry up fast enough.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:59:00 AM »
Daughter and her family went down to Florida for the week.  They are near Napels, and only fighting wind.  They took a pretty hard hit last year, and they survived with only a lot of mud to clean up.  Talking to our poultry and pork suppliers, it sounds like this one will not be as bad as the last one, and they are planning that it will not hinder recovery in the already hit areas.  Hope this holds true!

Stay safe everyone in the region.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:38:36 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:08:15 AM »
Cat 4 now and could be a Cat 5 by landfall (around PCB or Apalachicola) in a few hours.
NHC says it's the strongest hurricane to hit the panhandle in recorded history. It's supposed to still be a Cat 1 up through central GA before dropping to tropical storm levels. The last one we had this bad was Kate back in 1985 and she made a mess of things.
If it holds to current track predictions we'll be about 60 miles east of the centerline on the "dirty" side of the storm.
Once it hits land they are saying it will move on across GA and up into SC/NC quickly.

From 7:00 PM to about 2:00 AM will be our window of the worst activity.

Looks like a lively time.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 10:19:06 AM »
Wear a hardhat!

Those pecans are deadly little missiles...and it's about harvest time!

Seriously, stay safe, hunker down make sure ya got gas or charcoal to cook, plenty of water, you know the drill.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »
Thanks.

I have 75 lbs of charcoal, two 30 lb bottles and a couple of 20 lb bottles (on the camper) of propane and plenty of 1 lb bottles for our gas grill. With two freezers full of vittles, we won't starve if we ain't wiped out by the winds. I went yesterday and got 240 lbs of ice in two coolers. We keep plenty of bottled drinking water on hand and filled the large tub in the bathroom to use for flushing toilets (also have a 14k gallon pool as back-up).
Last year after Irma went through I bought an 8750w generator and keep fuel on hand.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »
Sometimes I hear about bad storms and hurricanes on TV during the commercials. I didn't hear anything on TV last night and haven't had it on today. I had no idea how bad it was going to get. Stay safe everyone.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »
Be safe Peg!

I see that Deepwater is in St. Pete, and they are good there.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk