Author Topic: In need of music suggestions  (Read 37665 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: In need of music suggestions
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2019, 11:14:53 PM »
The '80s were a strange time. I remember listening to this back then. These are the last 2 songs from Wall of Voodoo's only live album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGZqi0NKf3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Z4BvpC4Nc
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2019, 12:19:25 AM »
I think I mentioned Rick Wakeman's 1974 album Journey to the Centre of the Earth before but don't remember if I posted a link. He played 11 different synthesizers and keyboards on the album, often 2 at a time. He had 105 solo albums and albums with his son Adam, in addition to the 25 Yes albums he was on, plus 31 more with other bands he was in, and guest appearances on 20 other albums, plus he had a couple of singles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9W2pZwvlY

25 years later, in 1999, he came out with a sequel called Return to the Centre of the Earth. All of the odd-numbered tracks are narrated by Patrick Stewart. All of the even-numbered tracks are songs. Years ago I listened to the whole CD, then programed my CD player to play the odd-numbered tracks only, and then the even-numbered tracks only. I've only listened to all of it since then. Other musicians include Justin Hayward from The Moody Blues, Katrina Leskanich from Katrina and the Waves, Ozzy Osbourne, and Bonnie Tyler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8gF0nW02NA

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2019, 11:15:16 PM »
Justified

Time for a change in musical type.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #115 on: Today at 03:32:56 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2019, 11:18:24 PM »
Justified by Ruby Friedman.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2019, 10:53:40 PM »
Here's an oldie by The Charlie Daniels Band from 1973. Uneasy Rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJrRwTTqm0o

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 09:20:50 AM »
Here's an oldie by The Charlie Daniels Band from 1973. Uneasy Rider.

One of my favorites...  Sort of "Country Rap" rather than singing...but, opposed to other Rap, it is still "musical" with rhyming lyrics...

P.S.  Twice, around 2000, I was asked in a bar if I was Charlie Daniels.   Would have taken it as a compliment if I had been playing a guitar and singing.   ;) ;) ;)

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the band of demons in The Devil Went Down to Georgia was one of best parts of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XGnxTi-fE

There was a remake by Primus. I don't know if I saw the video before or not but I'll watch it later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uk9IcoQ0w

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2019, 12:19:54 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk