Author Topic: In need of music suggestions  (Read 37658 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: In need of music suggestions
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2019, 05:13:21 PM »
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:59 PM »
Thanks TAB, I needed that. I'm listening to more of Sabine Devieilhe recording other songs on the same album.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2019, 01:22:38 AM »
This Donnie Iris song popped into my head for no apparent reason, like most songs do, yesterday or the day before and I kept forgetting to post it. The official video for it is on YouTube too but it's a lowly 240p quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9L8IvIsdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5Arbm47IQ
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2019, 01:14:39 AM »
These are the 3 singles from On Through the Night, Def Leppard's 1980 debut album. This was the first of 5 consecutive Platinum albums immediately followed by 2 Gold records. Drummer Rick Allen's left arm was severed by a car accident in between the 3rd and 4th albums. He came up with the StickRick character and "Life Is Great!! Be A Rockstar!!" slogan for his One Hand Drum Company. Proceeds from the sale of merchandise go to support the Raven Drum Foundation charity he and his wife started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adFqYYHtht8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQzw1wJO8bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRYSlLLU0RE

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2019, 04:34:26 PM »
Last month I heard a Bob Seger song on the radio. I remember the DJ saying, there's one you don't hear too often, but I can't remember what song it was. So here's a song that hit #1 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart and #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. From the 1982 double Platinum album, The Distance. I have no idea if this is the song I heard but it's been on my mind lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYCX5XK_So

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 11:53:22 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2019, 10:14:31 PM »
Australian band Wolfmother released 6 singles from their 2005 debut album. These are the 3 that charted in the U.S., counting down from the lowest to the highest position on the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUUWG4IjeBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrzIvVLoxT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lGViwwrmA

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:34 AM »
I am envious of you guys... once upon a time (70-73) I acquired a pretty good sound system that fell into the allowable shipping weight of the DOD... Dual turntable, TEAC reel to reel, Sansui 65w per channel amp and Pioneer speakers...and the barracks had a sharing rule, once someone got a new album and recorded it, it was free for anyone else to copy... but since then, and with my worsening hearing loss, listen instead to conservative talk radio when in the car... (which most likely jacks up my blood pressure)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2019, 11:49:11 PM »
I have some cassette copies I made of my roommates' LPs but I never listen to them. And I still have the Pioneer speakers I bought while stationed in Germany in the early '80s. The woofers had to be replaced because of woofer rot. They lost some of their 63 pounds each weight because the new 12" woofers don't have the HUGE magnets the slightly smaller 30cm woofers had. These bookshelf speakers are sitting on top of my Paradigm floor-standing speakers. These aren't the kind Paradign speakers that cost $35,000 a pair  :o  but they sound good enough to me. I listen to all of my music on the computer or in my truck now anyway.

I don't have a favorite song but I'm listening to Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik right now. I don't know if I posted it before or not but I've always liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYecscOzero

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2019, 12:53:37 AM »
Here's one I haven't heard in several years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzNCKG-hiMg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk