Author Topic: Bourbon  (Read 4586 times)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Bourbon
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 11:29:54 AM »
Try Rebel Yell, It might just surprise you.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

BAC

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 11:55:06 AM »
Samples and souvenirs from our recent weekend in Bourbon Country.  Can't wait for the taste test.   :D  Next time...more tours!

Mmm...Bourbon
by Brian Chiaravalle, on Flickr

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »
Not to be contrary, but I do not like bourbon. In fact, I have discovered that I literally cannot drink any distilled spirits - rum, whiskey, vodka, etc. - can't stand the taste of the alcohol. I actually have a severe physical response to the distilled stuff.

That said, however, I do like the flavor of bourbon, which I discovered on one of our many treks along the Bourbon Trail here in the Bluegrass region of KY. in the tasting rooms, I simply swipe the bourbon across my tongue with my finger, and get the flavors that way. I'm also the designated driver, so there's that too . . . .

For my birthday just past, my darling bride (of almost 6 years now) made me a death-by-chocolate-and-bourbon bundt cake, with a non-cooked chocolate fudge-and-bourbon icing. Cooking the cake expelled the alcohol, left the flavor. And since the icing was non-cooked, a week later as we ate the last piece of cake, the bourbon was still potent. The fudge dulled the alcohol, and it was exquisite!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 07:33:30 PM »
I never liked the burn I always got from straight booze, but have always liked mixed drinks. When I was stationed in Germany and wasn't drinking beer I had some Jack and Coke one day. Then I saw that Jim Beam was only half the price of Jack Daniel's and started drinking Jim Beam and Coke instead. Several years later I found out how good Jim Beam was with Vernor's ginger ale. But I think my favorite mix with Jim Beam was Dr. Pepper. Whatever booze I had and whatever I mixed it with I liked it strong but I had to give it up.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 08:16:40 PM »
If you like chocolate and liquor you should try Asbach brandy filled dark chocolates. Asbach is like cognac except it's German. Asbach has the distinction of being only distillery in the world with its own chocolate factory. The squares and bottles have a sugar crust inside and the beans don't. The brandy cherries don't have a sugar crust either. I started eating the squares when I was in Germany and have tried the other kinds more recently. I got most of mine from mostlychocolate.com. The owner has just merged with his sister's company, europendeli.com. They're one of the places that sells many different types of liquor filled chocolates. Asbach is good with Coke too. I like it mixed about half and half.

https://asbach.de/en/

https://europeandeli.com/

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:40:57 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 10:38:59 AM »
I never liked the burn I always got from straight booze, but have always liked mixed drinks. When I was stationed in Germany and wasn't drinking beer I had some Jack and Coke one day. Then I saw that Jim Beam was only half the price of Jack Daniel's and started drinking Jim Beam and Coke instead. Several years later I found out how good Jim Beam was with Vernor's ginger ale. But I think my favorite mix with Jim Beam was Dr. Pepper. Whatever booze I had and whatever I mixed it with I liked it strong but I had to give it up.

Yep, all true, and THAT's always a problem. Occasionally I get into mixing it with something and before you know it you're guzzling down 70/30 or better mixes like it's sweet tea. Sipping is required.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
To go off thread just a little... Have any of you ever seen in person Kalashnikov Vodka? I know it is available in Europe but have never seen it here. I would LOVE to get one of those bottles.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »
5 years ago one website said, 'With only 13,000 bottles of this vodka ever produced, Kalashnikov Vodka is definitely a collector's item. Unfortunately for us, the bottle is only produced in Russia with outside shipments to Australia only. One can only dream of owning such a bottle. Or move to Australia." It was sold in the U.K. until the name and packaging were deemed inappropriate. You may be able to find some Red Army Vodka in a bullet-shaped bottle. Other companies have also made Makarov Pistol Vodka, Tommy Gun Vodka, Tommy Gun Scotch, and others. Kukri Rum from Nepal sounds interesting.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:37 PM »
Thanks for info.     :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 07:21:17 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk