Author Topic: John the Driver  (Read 5600 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
John the Driver
« on: September 14, 2018, 04:57:34 AM »
This category is used far too little.  This is partially because we share privately, but mostly because we aren't used to sharing.  Well, I have a need:

I lost contact with one of our drivers Tuesday afternoon, had a little contact with him Wednesday morning, and then while watching his movements through the day on Wednesday he wasn't doing well following my text messages concerning his deliveries.  Because of a late arrival, not his fault, a store closed him out and forced him to come at 8:30 Thursday morning.

Thursday morning I was watching him, and he wasn't doing anything to start work.  He was not moving from sleeper berth to on duty, and it was time for him to be driving.  Worse, he wasn't answering his phone ...How long do you wait before you call the truckstop and ask them to go beat on his door.

At 8:20 he finally answered the phone, and he sounded like he was in a hangover from a three day drunk.  Talked of vomiting all night two nights in a row, cramps, muscle spasms, and no strength.

I finally convinced him that the delivery was not important.  Couldn't talk him into leaving the truck behind, but got him to take his trailer to an LTL we work with, drop his trailer with the last of his deliveries, and I arranged with them to finish the route, and got John to bobtail to urgent care.

He called me at noon that they wanted to admit him to the hospital, to which I convinced him to do.

I talked to him at 7:00 last evening, and it isn't good.  He is St. Joseph's in downtown St. Paul, MN, has a naso-gastric tube, is severely dehydrated, an enlarged spleen, and a bowel obstruction.  He went through tests all yesterday afternoon and has more this morning.

Today, at 10:00am, I take off from Chicago to fly to St. Paul to see him and pick up the truck.  I know he is going to be glad to see me, but not comfortable when I take his (our truck).  We will fly him home when he is able, so we are not dumping him, we just need the equipment.

Pray for John's health and emotional state.  He is extremely lonely and scared being 400 miles from home and not knowing what will happen.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: John the Driver
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:11:47 AM »
Done.  It's great you care enough to do this.

How old is the gentleman?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:42:34 AM »
God Bless and prayers for John’s recovery!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:46:13 AM »
Prayers indeed.

Being stuck away from home is bad enough.... to be sick and in the hospital is a tough bit.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
Please tell him there are people praying for him.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:44:07 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
Got it.

If we have anyone near St. Paul, and they were of a mind to, would it be out of place to visit your friend?

Sort of let him know in person there are really folks out here who do care?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
This category is used far too little.  This is partially because we share privately, but mostly because we aren't used to sharing. 

Very true.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 10:17:49 AM »
John was released from the hospital yesterday, and got home last night.

I will get more details later today, but he was one sick man.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 10:35:25 AM »
Great news!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 10:53:41 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk