Author Topic: My Sister-in-Law Needs Prayers  (Read 21416 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: My Sister-in-Law Needs Prayers
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 09:24:32 AM »
I've been away.  What's the status?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »
We visited with her yesterday to take her some dumplings (her favorite comfort food) and let her visit with her three year old grandson (we had him Friday and our oldest son and his family are keeping him at the moment, trying to get him adjusted and comfortable being with family members).

Wife and another sister-in-law took her today for a check-up and re-assessment before her chemo treatment this Thursday. She's been having continuing severe pain issues and different drugs only have minor effects in controlling it.

The wife just called a few minutes ago and said more tumors have appeared since the first chemo treatment and the old ones are bigger.
The oncologist hit her hard with a strong dose of chemo to begin with and feels it isn't working. They will go ahead and give the next treatment and then follow up with a PET scan to see if the chemo is having any effect at all..... doc said at this point if it isn't working, based on the widespread coverage of the cancer, there would be little else they could do.

As rapidly as we've seen her physically decline with our own eyes in just a few weeks, I fear she has less than a couple of months.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 06:44:13 PM »
That's terrible news Peg.  I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
I am also sorry to hear that PegLeg. You and your family have my prayers. May God help and guide you through your difficult times and bring you to happier times.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 04:17:27 AM »
Any updates Pegleg?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:37:17 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 11:28:42 AM »
Any updates Pegleg?

Yes, Thanks for reminding me.

Vickie fought as hard as she could, but passed away March 18th. The forum was down for such an extended time and with other things going on (my m-i-l was recovering from open heart surgery at the same time) it slipped my mind to update you guys. We've been tying up legal and financial concerns over the last month amongst other things.

Please continue to remember the kids and grand-kids.

I thank you all for the prayers and concern.

Chuck
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »
Thanks for the update, but so sorry to hear the news.

Prayers will continue for all in your family.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 07:26:16 AM »
My condolences as well. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk