Author Topic: Movie thread  (Read 25787 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Movie thread
« on: September 13, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
I can't recall there being a movie thread on the forum so I thought I'd start one. Have you seen anything good lately? Have you seen anything that should be avoided by the plague.

I saw a few minutes of The First Purge online. Believe it or not the NRA is mostly responsible for there being a purge. I didn't watch the rest of it.

The Predator is supposed to be opening tomorrow but I'll be watching it at 7:00 this evening. I only watched a couple of the trailers. That was enough to know there's a bigger badder predator and he brought his hunting dogs with him. Only 1 hour and 45 minutes to go. 
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Movie thread
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »
The Predator was well worth the price of admission, which in my case that was nothing. But it would be worth paying to see too. I'm looking forward to a sequel or three.

I'll tell you how to get a free ticket to whatever movie you want to see, provided you're near the right kind of theater. I joined Coke Rewards a few years ago and save bottle caps from Coke products for the codes inside. I entered the the code from a Powerade cap and got one free month of Cinemark Movie Club. You get a free movie pass for every month you're a member, but I didn't want to see anything that was showing at the time. Instead, I ordered an advance ticket for The Predator, then quit the club last week before my free month was up. I printed my pass for the first show and waited until today. The cashier scanned the pass I printed and gave me my ticket. Since I've actually picked up a couple of bottle caps I found, I didn't even have to buy a drink to get my free movie pass.

Cinemark Cinemas include Century Theaters, CineArts, Tinseltown, and Rave Cinemas. They don't have the giant screen XD auditorium with a projector capable of 35 trillion colors, and custom 12 channel surround sound here. They just have plain old digital cinema and regular surround sound, which is still good. If you're interested, you have until the 24th to get a free month of membership in the club.

https://us.coca-cola.com/cinemarkmovieclub/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 09:37:20 PM »
I forgot to mention that when I ordered my movie pass they waived the online fee of $1.50 because I was a member of the club. I thought about seeing a different movie that was in 3D. I could have used my free movie pass and paid an up-charge. I think would have cost me $3.00 to see a 3D movie. That's a whole lot better than full price.

If I wanted to see The Predator in IMAX 2D at the next town over I could get a ticket for an NGC Cinema on Fandango for $13.50. I'm sure it would be great but I'm not paying that much to see it.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:55:56 AM »
I guess the last movie I saw in a theater was STAR WARS: The Last Jedi which was last December.

We don't go to the movies much. The last movie we went to see outside of a STAR WARS movie was the remake of True Grit.

SOLO came out in the spring which was a bad time to try and get to the theater for us so I missed it. I might buy the DVD.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »
Until yesterday I don't think I've been to the movies since Ant-Man in 2015. I can't believe I haven't been to a movie theater in 3 years. Maybe I'm forgetting something. We have one drive-in theater 6 miles away that's still open but I haven't been to a drive-in in ages. They have 3 screens instead of 2 like the place I used to go, and all the movies are still double features. The Meg with The Nun might be worth $9.00. I remember going to a drive-in with my brothers and maybe my brother's friend a long time ago and we had a pony keg of beer in the back of the van. I don't remember anything else about that night, but we may have been playing Frisbee before the movies started.

The director and co-writer of The Predator was Shane Black, who played Hawkins and was the first one killed in the first Predator movie. He was the radio operator and carried an MP5. While the second showing of The Predator was still in progress, someone already uploaded it online last night. It was a low quality video shot with a camera. It didn't have the credits at the end which is what I wanted to see. I couldn't sit through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATMD1b_AHQ

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:04:38 AM »

Timothy

Movie thread
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 04:03:25 PM »
The Return of the King.

In a theatre...

On disc...

Watched Avengers Infinity Wars the other day.

Bruce Willis remake of Bronson’s Death Wish wasn’t bad,

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:00:13 PM »
I like superhero movies, but haven't seen Avengers Infinity Wars yet. I just found out that when Venom comes out October 4th, I can see it in 3D for just a dollar more than the 2D version, because it's at the matinee price instead of the weekend price.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »
There's a movie that came out before The Predator, on 9/11, called Alien Predator. It's by Uncork’d Entertainment, and Internet Movie Database, IMDb.com, rates it as 2.3/10. I've gotten emails from Redbox that when I checked to see what the new movies were about, their other movies have gotten really bad ratings too. They made a movie called The 13th Friday instead of Friday The 13th, and some other awfully bad sounding movies.

It sounds like they got their inspiration from The Asylum who made Atlantic Rim instead of Pacific Rim, and way too many other ripoffs to mention. They like to put out DVDs that people get suckered into buying right before the real thing comes out at the theater. If a movie says made by Uncork'd Entertainment or The Asylum, just assume it's a great big steaming pile of $#!^ until proven otherwise.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »
Bruce Willis remake of Bronson’s Death Wish wasn’t bad,

Another sign of getting old is remakes of movies that you saw in a theater in it's original version.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 07:38:40 PM »
Well, as the youngsters around here might say, "Damn, Peg! You old!"

I think my whole family saw The French Connection in 1971, The Godfather in 1972, and The Cowboys with John Wayne, also in 1972. It was sad when The Duke died. I can think of any others right now that I think we all saw together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk