Author Topic: Visiting Colorado  (Read 1382 times)

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Visiting Colorado
« on: August 12, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
I will be visiting Colorado soon and was wondering if I am in violation of a magazine limit on my Glock 17 with a standard 17 round capacity ?
 I know my Indiana permit is good in Colorado. Any advice from Colorado forum members would be greatly appreciated.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Visiting Colorado
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:42:55 AM »
No one is presently in jail for possessing a standard capacity, (read 17+ rounds), anywhere in this country.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
I am not a Colorado member, law enforcement, or attorney, but I have my resources*:  In Colorado it is illegal to make, convert, buy, sell, or transfer a magazine with or to a capacity of more than 15 rounds.  However, it is not illegal to possess.

*Not to be taken as legal advice, but a research starting point.

My best advice for reliable information on this, outside of the Colorado Attorney General, is Michael Bane. 
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk