Author Topic: What .22lr Is On Your Wall?  (Read 11373 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What .22lr Is On Your Wall?
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »
Gold plated and Mother of toilet seat grips, That just screams "Pimp" gun. I would choose the Color case one out of the 3.

Agreed. I don't like those grips on the blued gun either, but I think it would look good with (imitation) ivory. “Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore-house carries pearl-handled revolvers. These are ivory.” - General George S. Patton Jr. I can't argue with that. Ebony grips on the gold one would probably be good for a little barbecue gun.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
Wow. Looks like NAA is stepping up their game. I used to have a Black Widow that was .22 LR or WMR, depending on which cylinder you had in it. Definitely for close range encounters. The case one is the best looking, IMO.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2018, 06:42:42 AM »
<snip>
If I can get a 452 FS in 22 WMR I will round out all three.  Which is my goal.  There's one offered on Gunbroker at $900 plus 3% CC fee plus $45 shipping....even though I want it that's too much even if it is unfired.
I missed this one.  I went to within 10% of the price and was hoping it would be relisted at the 45 day mark...but it went after about 40 days.  It was new in box....oh well.  There will be another on Gunbroker someday.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2018, 08:23:48 PM »
If you do get a .22 WMR check out this CCI .22 Win Mag A22 Magnum GamePoint ammo. It has a 35 grain bullet at 2100 fps for 343 ft-lbs at the muzzle. Compared to their 40 grain Maxi Mag and 30 grain Maxi Mag +V, that's about 25 ft-lbs more than I would expect.

When compared to centerfire pistol calibers, it's a little more power than any of Remington UMC's 7 different 9mm Luger loads from 115 grains up to 147 grains, and close to all 3 of their .45 ACP 230 grain loads. I didn't know a .22 rimfire rifle was capable of that much power. Maybe they weren't until now.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=963CC
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2018, 07:54:01 AM »
I have some of that waiting to be tried.  I have a really fine Marlin 883SS that shoots pretty well.  I've been through some ammo testing for accuracy but it's been so dang long I'm going to have to do it again.  I think it does best with 40 grain bullets....ran some 33 grain Remington with Vtip through it but not as accurate but good enough. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 02:48:08 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
I just picked up a Mossberg 342 KC, I just need to find a magazine for it.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »
I forgot all about the 342KC. Very tactical looking. :) I had something that must have been a Mossberg 46M or something very much like that model. It had issues, including a missing trigger guard. But a neighbor gave it to me for free so I didn't complain. After making a trigger guard out of a piece of angle iron (very time consuming) and doing a few other things, I think I sold it for 10 bucks. I guess it originally looked something like this picture.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk