Author Topic: new anti inflammatory drug therapy  (Read 842 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:45 am »
I've been struggling with a osteo arthritic bad left knee for several years now... some days not as bad as others, and a couple of Aleve for a match has been working... the other day I noticed an article on dark chocolate as an anti inflammatory... bought a bag, had 4 pieces about 3 hours apart for 3 doses... my knee has not felt this good in years.... anyone else?

The Down Range TV Forum

new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:45 am »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:44 am »
I love dark chocolate.  I'll have experiment to see If it helps.

But you do know we're all old enough that if we want to eat chocolate we don't need an excuse.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW SOG 1968-1972

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:12:28 am »
Theobroma cacao is a very special tree. Theobroma translates as "food of the gods". The Maya believed cacao was discovered by the gods. For all I know they were right.

It looks like it has to be at least 70% cacao to work as an anti-inflammatory. I doubt most people will enjoy eating 77% or more, dark chocolate. Maybe 70 or 72%. It sounds like a good excuse to try several kinds of chocolate. Too bad I can't eat it anymore. If the ingredients list cocoa processed with alkali, or it says Dutch processed, it will have less flavonols in it and won't work as well. The ingredients should be cocoa, sugar, vanilla, and if it's not a really high percentage of cocoa, some cocoa butter. Possibly lecithin as an emulsifier. That's about it unless you want to try dark chocolate with chili peppers, coffee, or some kind of fruit in it.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180424133628.htm

P.S. If you eat more than an ounce of chocolate a day the extra fat and sugar may outweigh some of the health benefits.
THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE
A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher.

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 05:59:38 am »
Man I'm glad I found this thread.  I will give you an evaluation after I've had proper time to administer a self test.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 10:38:24 am »
Man I'm glad I found this thread.  I will give you an evaluation after I've had proper time to administer a self test.

I have been doing that for years. Don't know if it works cause I gained 50 pounds.   ;^)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 02:54:13 pm »
P.S. If you eat more than an ounce of chocolate a day the extra fat and sugar may outweigh some of the health benefits.

An OUNCE?   You meant to say a pound right?  And ounce is what?   Two M&Ms?   One Hershey Kiss?    That's a tease.

As soon as I finish all the milk chocolate in the house, I'll try this self-medicating regimen.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW SOG 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 03:10:27 pm »
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

• Sea Spy
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger - NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »

10 for $28....

Yum

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 05:40:06 pm »
If you want a link rather than needing to do a search, here is one to Amazon.  A bit cheaper than LindtUSA but don't know what taxes and/or shipping does to the total

https://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Excellence-Smooth-Chocolate-Gluten/dp/B000H26J7E/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1535063588&sr=8-3&keywords=lindt%2B70&th=1

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 07:00:39 pm »
I can get some types of Lindt Excellence bars a few blocks from my house, but when I wanted certain others I had to order them online.

The last Steak 'n Shake I went to was on Milan Road in Sandusky, OH several years ago. I was at one of the cheap hotels about 6 miles south of there. Steak 'n Shake is halfway between Cedar point and the hotel. I didn't even know they had Steak 'n Shake anywhere in Michigan but there are several of them. One is only about 35 miles away. I took a quick look at the menu and got really hungry.

There are some things I want badly but don't need all the calories. Like that Dark Chocolate Shake with 710 calories. And that's not even the worst one.

Chocolate Peanut Butter shake. Smooth, creamy peanut butter and plenty of chocolate syrup blended into our hand-dipped milkshake to create an irresistible combination! Topped with whipped cream and a cherry. 980 calories. So I need to skip the shakes and get to the other good stuff.

How about a Cheddar Scrambler for breakfast? Three farm fresh eggs, scrambled with shredded cheddar 'n jack cheese, premium sausage crumbles and grilled onions. Served with choice of hash browns and choice of buttermilk biscuit, toast or bagel. 1030-1680 calories.

Or a Country Skillet? A hearty breakfast of shredded hash browns topped with a buttermilk biscuit, sausage patty, sausage gravy, cheddar 'n jack cheese and two eggs. 1270-1320 calories.

Then for lunch I'd like to start with a Chili 5-Way. Spaghetti loaded up with chili, extra chili beef, our special chili sauce, diced onions and shredded Cheddar ’n jack cheese. 1160 calories.

Followed by a Prime Truffle Steakburger™. Introducing our deliciously indulgent new White Truffle Steakburger! It’s a 6 oz. hand-crafted Prime Steakburger topped with two slices of Tillamook® all-natural Swiss cheese, grilled button mushrooms, caramelized onions and decadent Truffle Aioli sauce on a toasted brioche bun. 1010 calories. And Large Chili Cheese Fries. 1070 calories. That should hold me for a while.
THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE
A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher.