Author Topic: new anti inflammatory drug therapy  (Read 157 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:45 am »
I've been struggling with a osteo arthritic bad left knee for several years now... some days not as bad as others, and a couple of Aleve for a match has been working... the other day I noticed an article on dark chocolate as an anti inflammatory... bought a bag, had 4 pieces about 3 hours apart for 3 doses... my knee has not felt this good in years.... anyone else?

The Down Range TV Forum

new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:45 am »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:44 am »
I love dark chocolate.  I'll have experiment to see If it helps.

But you do know we're all old enough that if we want to eat chocolate we don't need an excuse.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW SOG 1968-1972

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: new anti inflammatory drug therapy
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:12:28 am »
Theobroma cacao is a very special tree. Theobroma translates as "food of the gods". The Maya believed cacao was discovered by the gods. For all I know they were right.

It looks like it has to be at least 70% cacao to work as an anti-inflammatory. I doubt most people will enjoy eating 77% or more, dark chocolate. Maybe 70 or 72%. It sounds like a good excuse to try several kinds of chocolate. Too bad I can't eat it anymore. If the ingredients list cocoa processed with alkali, or it says Dutch processed, it will have less flavonols in it and won't work as well. The ingredients should be cocoa, sugar, vanilla, and if it's not a really high percentage of cocoa, some cocoa butter. Possibly lecithin as an emulsifier. That's about it unless you want to try dark chocolate with chili peppers, coffee, or some kind of fruit in it.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180424133628.htm

P.S. If you eat more than an ounce of chocolate a day the extra fat and sugar may outweigh some of the health benefits.
THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE
A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher.