Author Topic: Sure Was Hot Yesterday....  (Read 2949 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sure Was Hot Yesterday....
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
just a follow up on the beach umbrella... extremely hot today at the Ruskin match... the umbrella was a tremendous asset to keep you out of the direct sunlight... I freeze a couple of 1/2 liter bottles solid and chill 4 others in the soft side cooler... drinking a sip of cold water fairly frequently really helps me with the match heat....only needed 2 liters for the 3 hour match.... I fore see an 18v Ridgid cooling fan in my future... it can be used during tropical storm season also

a tip to determine if you are dehydrated.... pinch your fingernail until it turns white, release, and the see how long it takes for the capillary refill to return color to the nail...longer than a couple of seconds, and you might want to drink some fluids....

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 08:45:21 AM »
a tip to determine if you are dehydrated.... pinch your fingernail until it turns white, release, and the see how long it takes for the capillary refill to return color to the nail...longer than a couple of seconds, and you might want to drink some fluids....

Good tip.

I have in the car a 5v little fan and a 3Ah battery.  It's always hooked to a charger so it's ready to use any time.  I have mainly used it to cool the guns when practicing.  I may look at a more robust fan for upcoming matches.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 09:49:29 AM »
one of the guys on the squad had a Ridgid contractor style portable fan... I have a couple of Ridgid 18v batteries and a charger... August is typically our hottest month, but if Sept doesn't start to cool off, I think a trip to Home Depot is likely

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk