Author Topic: 475 ODIN  (Read 11265 times)

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
475 ODIN
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »
Here is a first look at our new 475 ODIN, still in development. Designed to feed through an AR-10.  There is no parent case.

Barrels are being made, so we’ll be able to have some real numbers soon.

ODIN is the top case. 458 SOCOM is in the middle, and 308 below that.

Here it is next to a 6.5 Creedmore case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
Re: 475 ODIN
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »
Nice.  How many fps will you pick up over the SOCOM with your 475? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »
Nice.  How many fps will you pick up over the SOCOM with your 475?
They are meant for two different rifles. 458 SOCOM is for the AR 15, 475 ODIN is for the AR 10.
It’s going to be a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
Well, just when I was thinking being impressed with women who SHOOT firearms was becoming commonplace, along comes DianneB.    :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
Well, just when I was thinking being impressed with women who SHOOT firearms was becoming commonplace, along comes DianneB.    :D

There's nothing commonplace about DB.  She worked on C5s in the USAF.  BIG is in her DNA.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:08:01 PM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 05:14:59 AM »
And a bit cagey as well.  I'm going to be hanging on a thread until I found out how much "a lot" means.

ODIN....I can see a tough looking Viking warrior emblazoned on an AR-10 receiver now.

Speed, actually lack thereof, was always something with the 458 SOCOM that made me less interested in it.  So, I pursued other things of shooting interest.  My perception was, and perhaps incorrectly, that the 458 was a competitor to the 44 mag I already had.  Now yes, I could run it in an AR body, et. al. with a new upper I got that.  But in my mind if I really wanted to step up to a slugger I'd go with the 45-70 or my 450 Marlin. 

So, something in between that in performance...more than the 458 and equal to or less than a full power 45-70 in a semi-auto AR-10 pattern is interesting.

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
And a bit cagey as well.  I'm going to be hanging on a thread until I found out how much "a lot" means.

ODIN....I can see a tough looking Viking warrior emblazoned on an AR-10 receiver now.

Speed, actually lack thereof, was always something with the 458 SOCOM that made me less interested in it.  So, I pursued other things of shooting interest.  My perception was, and perhaps incorrectly, that the 458 was a competitor to the 44 mag I already had.  Now yes, I could run it in an AR body, et. al. with a new upper I got that.  But in my mind if I really wanted to step up to a slugger I'd go with the 45-70 or my 450 Marlin. 

So, something in between that in performance...more than the 458 and equal to or less than a full power 45-70 in a semi-auto AR-10 pattern is interesting.
I’m being a bit vague about the answer until we get it to the desert and test it and validate our calculations about how fast it should be.  At 800 yards, the calculations say it should still be going 1,017 FPS, for example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 02:49:35 PM »
If you guys can pull that off it may be the pre-eminent running hog stopper.

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 01:30:34 PM »
If you guys can pull that off it may be the pre-eminent running hog stopper.

We are thinking about changing the name to avoid a copyright issue with another company who registered ODIN for ammunition even though they don’t currently make any...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
Carrying on a Viking theme.

I prefer the first and last ones.

Herjan