Author Topic: Rhino ironwork safes.  (Read 3573 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Rhino ironwork safes.
« on: March 06, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »
https://rhinosafe.com

Any one own one?   I dig the look for the man cave
Currently i have 5 safes, want to go down to 2.  I want to get rid of 3 15 long gun safes and 1 24 gun safes.   By the looks of things a 68 gun model will do this for me.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

Re: Rhino ironwork safes.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »
Could you build a gun vault in your home for less?

Concrete?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »
Could you build a gun vault in your home for less?

Concrete?

Not even close.  The 2 doors you would need( and yes there has to be 2 per code)  would be 10-20k installed..  building a house, you could build a 10x10 for about 50k, retrofit, you are way more than that.

Its not as simple as some block and rebar in a basement.   The cheapest would be to do it how thry build bank vualts.  Using precast panels that are glued( think tilit up) and welding toegther.  That still is going to mean a crane for a couple days( at 600-1000 per hour) and doing it during construction.  I built one a few years ago that was 12x16 it was 170k when all was said and done.  The structure was about 70k of that, thr other 100 was finishing  the inside

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 06:04:41 PM »
Nuf said...  yer the pro!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 01:42:09 PM »
I like the looks of the Ironworks safes, but I wish the 68 gun had double doors that were full width.  I think the narrow door on a big box is limiting.  The Rino USA look good as well, but split the doors on the big ones.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:57:58 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 05:03:26 PM »
At only 56" wide, 2 doors would only be 24" wide or so.   1 door will be stronger than 2.

My big safe has 2 doors, its a pita to access the none lock side as you have to open the lock door reach in and throw a lever to unbolt the 2nd door.  When i redid the shelving  inside having to access that lever was very limiting on its configurations. 

What started all this was i was looking for my extra long cleaning rod.  That i thought was in one safe, well i had to open 3 to find it.  I am super organized ( i may have been called anal a time or 3) not being able to find something i know i have drives me nuts.   Then i started looking at the floor space taken up by these safes, the way i had 2 in the house and 3 in the garage.    2 big safes and a metal ammo locker just makes so much more sense.    All but one of my safes i bought second hand. 

Its funny how many issues you find when your spending most of time at home.   I am still not use to it.  The good news is i have been going to the range about twice a week.  The gym 3 or 4 times and have been scoping at the local toy stores( all kinds)  i wont say i dont like not working yet, but aspects of it are growing on me.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »
Come find out there is a store that sells them about an hour away.  So i went to go look at them. Expected delivery date is 1st week in june.   I was not going to pay $550 for a less thsn 4 week lead time.  I am not in a hurry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk