Author Topic: Range Bag Ideas & Selections....  (Read 3272 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Range Bag Ideas & Selections....
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:00:46 PM »
What do you guys like for a range bag and what do you carry in it?  I like one around 10" in height, 18" long and around 8" wide. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: Range Bag Ideas & Selections....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »
I have the Midway Compeition one about the size you said.   One pocket is for first aid and I painted a red cross on it, not so much for me but for anyone else who's looking for supplies.  One end has my various shooting glasses and the other has safety flags, spring clips for targets, etc.  The other half pocket is where all my tools are.  The large side for magazines is painted with an "S" so I can pick mine our from others.  I use individual pistol bags for each gun in the middle, plus all my range notes.

I ALSO HAVE:   A Home Depot tool carrier.   For practice the guns go in the big bag and all the ammo, magazines and speedloaders go in this tool carrier.   For a Glock match, one gun, no backup, no tools and no holster, then this is all I carry.   

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 02:02:33 PM »
That tool carrier is a great idea.  I'm going to have to really ponder that and quit trying to do everything with one bag.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »
I use a maxpedition jumbo versipack for a couple pistols, half dozen mags and 4 boxes of ammo and a Lula loader. This works great. I use a cheap duffel to haul more ammo if needed. If I had a bigger range bag I would spend too much time at the range each trip.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »
I have a Bulldog brand Bag but
I also have a Customized Medals of America bag....which will hold up to 4 Guns...The other one can hold 2-3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:16:45 AM »

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
I have a separate Box for ammo. It also holds some loaded Pistol MGs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
I have multiple styles and sizes. I think I collect bags like Alf collects flashlights (what am I saying, I have flashlights too.....it's a sickness).

The wife bought me the one linked below (the larger one in the video) for Christmas a few years ago. It has a hard case that fits in a side compartment and plenty of room for gear. There are several companies with similar style bags, but I like this one fairly well.

https://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/Tactical/Range-Systems/Soft-Range-Storage/lg-range-bag-tactical

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 07:42:35 PM »
.... I think I collect bags like Alf collects flashlights ....it's a sickness).

First I don't have EVERY model Streamlight makes.  And secondly, I define it as the new normal.  The rest of you are weirdos.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 08:23:06 PM »
my range bag is probably different from most of you, as mine is clipped to my baby stroller gun cart with 4 aluminum snap links, and partially seated over the axle...it is currently an NRA promo that has circumference straps around the bottom, but occasionally is a Home Depot tool bag...

contents...200 rounds of 9mm in gallon zip loc bags... 3, 32 round +5 magazines, 3, 18 round magazines, mag loader, box factory 147, ear plugs, Mechanic's Gloves, chamber flags, T handle and chamber brush, M16 cleaning kit, bug juice, spare 2032 batteries and AR9 firing pin, lens cloth, Leatherman AR tool, Phillips, straight blade combo screwdriver, mag carrier, couple 2x2 non adherent gauze and roll of stretch self adherent tape

trauma kit... CAT tourniquet, hemostatic gauze, chest seal, 2 Israeli bandages, NPA, Kerlix gauze, Kerlix roll, self adherent stretch tape, petroleum gauze

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk