Author Topic: Independence Day  (Read 2925 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Independence Day
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 08:07:30 AM »
I've always wondered what would happen to Santa Anna if time travel were possible, and Travis, Bowie, Crockett and all were in possession of a .50 cal Barrett with a good Nightforce scope

A couple of tons of grenades and some launchers (even small catapults) would have done the trick.

The Barrett would have been good for picking off the artillery  crews.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »
An AC-130 Spectre would have tipped the scales quite nicely....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »
and I always thought if I'd been one of Pickett's men down in the corn field, looking up Cemetery Ridge at Gettysburg, I'd have commented "Massa Robert (Lee), I don't think I want to go up the hill, can't we call in a "danger close" air strike?"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 01:37:30 AM »
An AC-130 Spectre would have tipped the scales quite nicely....

A Spooky would be nice too. ;) It still has the 40mm and 105mm cannons, but instead of 2 20mm cannons, it has a 25mm gun.

By golly, I did post that pic the day before I left. And Alf already posted the other one I found tonight.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk