Author Topic: Steel Challenge 2018  (Read 2094 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Steel Challenge 2018
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:13:46 PM »
Shooting the local ICORE match, Saturday, when I heard someone say the World Championships were this weekend in Talladega!   Wow.  I hadn't followed that.  If only I had planned ahead.

I don't know if I can get the time free.    I think I'd shoot Rimfire Rifle and Pistol as a warm up to the Rimfire Challenge.   If I had a second day then I'd go for Revolver iron sights.

My quandary is Practiscore won't let me see where the squad openings are until after I register, and pay my money, which is non-refundable.

I may just take the wife and go over on Friday to watch a little bit.    I'll have to explore this.

Anybody else going?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Steel Challenge 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:17:16 PM »
FOUND IT.   It's a link that's only highlight when you roll over it.

Okay, now I know when the openings are.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
After due consideration, I think it would be a waste of $200 plus gas to rush over to CMP on Friday.

I'm not really prepared for this.  Combined with a tight schedule this week and the severe weather issues we're expected to have, I'll pass.  But I'm looking for Tier I match nearby to attend this fall.

No way I can compete in the centerfire pistol.  But I might have some fund with rimfire.
Will work for ammo

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 02:50:26 PM »
This will be my 4th year shooting Rimfire Challenge! Now that I’m chair bound Ken Jorgensen and Micheal Bane told meat SHOT that I can shoot chairbound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
This will be my 4th year shooting Rimfire Challenge! Now that I’m chair bound Ken Jorgensen and Micheal Bane told meat SHOT that I can shoot chairbound

Will you be at Rockcastle, 7/21?   If so let's meet up.

Alf
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:51:24 AM »

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Steel Challenge 2018
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »
Will you be at Rockcastle, 7/21?   If so let's meet up.

Alf

Sorry Alf I don’t have the Cargo carrier on the back of my SUV for the chair yet. We’re having the rear bumper reinforced and the carrier with ramp/gate(about $2 bills for the work and $179 for the carrier) installed in early August I’ll be at Show Low AZ the 3rd week in August with my wife and my friend Vic(Nam vet 6th Rangers) and with  Wife & Vic at the Williams AZ Boy Scouts Range in Sept.  and possibly at Ben Avery in Oct. if we’re good enough

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »
Sorry Alf I don’t have the Cargo carrier on the back of my SUV for the chair yet. We’re having the rear bumper reinforced and the carrier with ramp/gate(about $2 bills for the work and $179 for the carrier) installed in early August I’ll be at Show Low AZ the 3rd week in August with my wife and my friend Vic(Nam vet 6th Rangers) and with  Wife & Vic at the Williams AZ Boy Scouts Range in Sept.  and possibly at Ben Avery in Oct. if we’re good enough.

I hope you can get that show on the road.  Sorry we won't connect at Rockcastle.
Will work for ammo

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »
 I me too but I’m at SHOT every year if you can get a shop owner to get you a pass and you just pay the discount $$

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk